moving an air hockey table

dogcow

any tips, its about 100mi away so no mover would quote me out under 500. i only have a 27" lift gate so it wont fit on my lift gate. I was gonna try a trailer from u-haul but i hear this thing weights a ton. any tips on moving this sucker?

I would use a car hauler type trailer. You should be able to pick up one end of the air hockey table with 3 guys and have a driver back the trailer under the machine. And do the same for the other end. (Assuming it is sitting on 4 individual feet)

any tips, its about 100mi away so no mover would quote me out under 500. i only have a 27" lift gate so it wont fit on my lift gate. I was gonna try a trailer from u-haul but i hear this thing weights a ton. any tips on moving this sucker?

I'd look at disassembling it - there's no way an Air Hockey table would need to weight that much unless it's been weighted down for commercial use - it's not like a pool table where you need all that slate

I'd look at disassembling it - there's no way an Air Hockey table would need to weight that much unless it's been weighted down for commercial use - it's not like a pool table where you need all that slate

its about 350lbs or so

I would use 2 small 4 wheel moving carts and move on its side. The feet are just 3 or 4 bolts each. Once you get one half of a end up on your lift gate, lift it up and just hold other end as it goes up level with your pickup bed, then just push in. You do need a guy to help move it though. I broke a glass door going out the mall moving it out once..

if you have a truck with a 6 foot bed I move mine by

loading two legs on the tailgate / lift/push and it should slide all the way forward to the front the rear legs will rest on the tailgate

and 1 strap and good to go!

takes 2-3 people depending on muscle and brain power...

I have done it with 2 people most of the time

no disassembly legs stay on.. if the upper score/light bar arms are thin take the scoreboard off and slide it under after its on the truck inbetween the legs

bill

Air hoc keys are easy to move compared to the pool tables. Get a 4 wheel furniture Dooley, 1/2 socket with ratchet to take the legs off. Put the hockey on its side to roll to the truck. Since you have such a small lg, get you two pieces of pipe. Lay one on the lg and the other and about a foot from the end of the bed. Slide the hockey as far on the gate as it'll go, raise it up then push the rest of the way in. You'll need a helper but the pipe makes it roll and not tear up the game. This isn't ideal for someone moving a lot of them but it gets the job done.

well got the thing moved turns it out it was not so hard unfortunately i didnt check

it over as much as i should have the guy said the old owner "disconnected the coin acceptor"

well turns out that was a lie, the mainboard was blown and he just attached the power cord

directly to the blower. the thing is so old they dont appear to even make mainboards for it

any more oh well guess what did i expect for $200

what i eneded up doing was i took 2 furniture dollies ( 4 wheel dolly) and attached it to the side

of the table using ratchet straps. i turn the table over on the side and wheeled it out the door

worked great.

That sucks. There is a coin operated air hockey here that I am going to pick up. I have a location booting the other vendor and I am going to need an air hockey. Any tips on what to look for besides normal function?

That sucks. There is a coin operated air hockey here that I am going to pick up. I have a location booting the other vendor and I am going to need an air hockey. Any tips on what to look for besides normal function?

check that surface of the table is not warped , a new surface costs like $1,500 , look at it kinda at an angle to see

and just play it a bit.

the surface on mine is pretty messed up but the table is from 1990 but it has a new blower so it still plays ok, i should have got a better one but ive been searing forever for something in the $500-800 range and i couldnt find anything lower than $1,500 this one

came up for $200 and he threw in a dartboard for $50 extra so i jumped at it , should have checked it out a bit more careful, oh well

outside of the circuit board the electronics is dead simple its just some fuses and a few relays and the blower. the blower has a regular electrical cord on it and it plugs into an outlet inside the game the power to the outlet is controlled by a relay that the board controls. the puck is held up inside the game by a solonoid that is released when the game starts. honestly you could build one without a pcb pretty easily if you are kinda handy with electronics. that is what i will probably do.the only thing u wont get is scoring

I search craigslist for valley dynamo air

ive had very good luck with dynamo air hockey tables

I pick them up from $300-$900 each

bill

this one is a dynamo. its just very old ive been looking for months.

any idea if there is a simple circuit i could build to emulate the mainboard

in terms of flipping the power on using a coin and off after the score switches

were hit a few times.

i was thinking it really is just a latching relay circuit but im not sure how

to accumulate the scores

Archived