All American Chicken.. Review and Opinion..

Billnuts

Ok, I went And got a all American chicken Paid $1580.00

Most people on here know me as the repair person, technical know how etc.

First

Ill list the positives

1: Good Coin mechs
2: Fan for cooling
3: adjustable settings
4: Bright led lights ( SEE BELOW)
5: Large Hopper
6: pre-wired for Down-stacker DBA
7: on wheels
8: glass not Plexiglas

Now... The Negatives with explanations

1:Turntable wheels are small... and very cheep
this things got to spend its life rotating in the same circle its going to wear those out..

2: 12 volt system..12 volt motor, 12 volt led lights and 12 volt circuit board and 12 volt coin mechs.
everything is built into the 1 motherboard... so if the led lights go bad... it can take the motherboard with them.

The coin mechs seem to also feed into and out of the motherboard
( not 100% sure) same applies coin mech goes bad... new motherboard

I did not see ANY fuses on the motherboard
same applies for the motor so if the motor goes bad or jams and draws too much current...

The motor... should be fused and on a RELAY!!!

3 Lights are built into the motherboard for control? their is no point to this.
new led lights with a wireless remote are less than $10.00 for that size.

4 The volume knob on the back... causes crackling and is not very accurate volume control.

The long cable can induce noise and problems into the system.

5 No Padlock hinges not everyone lives in pleasantville

Now for list of what would bill do to improve?

1 redo the motherboard with a potentiometer for sound on the motherboard.

2 External separate led controller.. with remote

3 turntable wheel legs stronger... thicker... better...

4 Coin mechs and anything 12 volt on its own power with fuse..

5 Motor has its own fuse.. AND RELAY!! so power and ground to the motor are isolated from the motherboard
all the motherboard has to do is send a negative trigger when motor is active.

6 backup N.0 switch below optical sensor (like the original chicken and Fred Flintstone use to detect eggs)
as a secondary prize sensor optical ones wear out.. its a $2.00 part..

7 T handle lock with top-bottom pins on bottom door.
or add a top bottom padlock hasps thru door.

in conclusion the only job the motherboard should be doing is game operations and attraction/sounds
isolated from the rest of the inner workings.

Now for the question before I have to take this back and exchange it for a different one
or fix the issue myself

My chicken has a Beeping hiss in the speaker when the led lights go
from full to dim.. you can hear the lights patterns thru the speaker itself..
its a static buzz when the lights change sequence.

very annoying anyone else's chickens do this and what is the fix?

If I had to say the problem is the remote volume is zip tied with the led lights right side wires causing a feedback

bill

post-4089-0-10638200-1365123647_thumb.jpg

post-4089-0-68086400-1365123820_thumb.jpg

i would put #6 as a negative i hate downstackers they are not as easy to find used as upstackers

great info the fact it has NO fuses is extremely concerning. I have seen the rope lights being controlled

by the motherboard in a few different old cranes. its a weird design doesnt make sense why its done like

that i believe the rope lights on the challenger cranes are like that as well.

Great info Billnuts, I personally, IN MY OPINION would put #7 as a negative. There is no reason for such a small machine to have wheels. I got a dolly. its Just making it easier to be stolen on my route. I know some people see big games as a pain, especially if they don't fit through a 30 inch door without removing door, but I see it as a security feature.

A big positive for the machine is that the attraction is the machine/ chicken, not the products/toys, so you can run junk caps in it and get .50c a pop, that alone has got me thinking about getting "neck deep in chickens" myself!

I have 2 of the new All American Chicken machines & about 40 of the original Chicken machines. The new ones are very attractive but I have had several issues in 6 months or less. First I already had to get a replacement board. The machine just quit playing music & had a buzzing noise coming from the speaker. Secondly when I put down stackers in the chickens I had to cut out part of the coin box & coin box housing. I hate DBAs without stackers. This was very annoying. I also suggested to parsal that they put a piece of plexiglass in the front of the machine so you could load the machine from the front without all the eggs falling out. This is a very obvious fix. I love the modern look but the new All American Chicken makes no more money than the originals! For the price of the new one & I can buy & refurbish 5 of the originals.

4 The volume knob on the back... causes crackling and is not very accurate volume control.

7 T handle lock with top-bottom pins on bottom door.

or add a top bottom padlock hasps thru door.

I have the same problem with the volume control as well...It is either all the way off or to loud. I would like to see padlock hasps through the door as the door could be pried open fairly easy with the current locks.

i would put #6 as a negative i hate downstackers they are not as easy to find used as upstackers

great info the fact it has NO fuses is extremely concerning. I have seen the rope lights being controlled

by the motherboard in a few different old cranes. its a weird design doesnt make sense why its done like

that i believe the rope lights on the challenger cranes are like that as well.

That's so true dogcow, in their brochure , they just mounted a up stacker upside down! That doesn't work right, kids can put pennies in it and block the bill path when you mount it wrong like Parsal did.

post-6473-0-00251700-1365131271_thumb.jpg

That's so true dogcow, in their brochure , they just mounted a up stacker upside down! That doesn't work right, kids can put pennies in it and block the bill path when you mount it wrong like Parsal did.

that looks like a pyramid stacker, it may not be like you are thinking on the mars glen..

I dont have any pyramids as i got some one time and they sucked bad!! I know a bill validator sucks when i open the stacker and see only crisp new bills in it!! i love to open a mars stacker and see those old rotten faded wrinkled dirty ones in there!! I know its good and i dont lose the cash when its a picky bill acceptor!

ron

Just so everyone knows, I've moved this thread to the equipment reviews section where it belongs. I wanted to make sure everyone was aware before someone accuses me of deleting it. :D

Very good information. The part about no fuses is alarming. Better have a good insurance policy in case this thing catches fire! I hope the guys from ParSal are reading this and making plans to improve their product.

I hope the guys from ParSal are reading this and making plans to improve their product.

They are and that's precisely why they are here. Feedback like this is invaluable.

If if didn't have wheels would you set the whole machine on floor or put legs on it? Just a what if question.

On my first chicken I bought a new mars downstacker $400 bucks and it gets pennies and jams the path. On the pyramids off eBay that I just flip upside down no issue at all.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I have 2 of the new All American Chicken machines & about 40 of the original Chicken machines. The new ones are very attractive but I have had several issues in 6 months or less. First I already had to get a replacement board. The machine just quit playing music & had a buzzing noise coming from the speaker. Secondly when I put down stackers in the chickens I had to cut out part of the coin box & coin box housing. I hate DBAs without stackers. This was very annoying. I also suggested to parsal that they put a piece of plexiglass in the front of the machine so you could load the machine from the front without all the eggs falling out. This is a very obvious fix. I love the modern look but the new All American Chicken makes no more money than the originals! For the price of the new one & I can buy & refurbish 5 of the originals.

What kind of dba are you using that you had to cut the machine up?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Edit..

I could not edit the above post

there is 1 fuse hidden between the power cord input and the on/off switch

I plan on exchanging this machine for a different one on Monday at Shaffer

for one that does not have the sound issues.

If I do keep this what is the length of warranty?

I plan on Re-wiring this chicken to be more Bullet-proof..

I will post my progress in A new thread in the Refurbish section of the forum

bill

I serviced a parsal unit on Friday. It's a little over a year old with 7000 vends and no issues to report. In my opinion built like a tank

so I figure your set at 50 cent vends and with 7000 vends thats $3500.00, you said its a little over a year so if it's 425 days or 14 months are you saying your chicken machine averaged $8.00 a day for 425 days?

I wish others would chime in with some #'s. Is this what everyone else is experiencing? Nearly $9.00/day or $270.00/month for 13 months is some fantastic #'s.

I don't have one but I've asked a few people here who I trust and they all said they are seeing similar results in the right places. I've heard enough to make me want to try one but I'm not in a position to get one right now.

I can also confirm first hand how easy they are to place. I just took the flyers out to two restaurants and both said yes without any push back. Unfortunately I don't have any to place, I just wanted to see how easy they were.

I am on the opposite side of the spectrum. I have had mine in a pizza joint and it only did average $25.00 per month (this location was a flop). Since then I have moved it into another pizza place and have it next to my crane that does average $300.00 per month BUT the chicken machine hasn't done more than $45.00 per month. I have yet to see any desirable numbers from it but I will continue to move it around until I am happy. I am hoping I will be able to give it a shot in a high traffic china buffet real soon.

I focus on busy places mostly larger buffets. If its a pizza place with 10 or so tables I would not even do it,

Does every location do as we'll as this one the answer is no. I posted that meter count mostly to report that there have been no operational issues with the machine. This post was about replacing machine parts on a new Machine.

• 3 weeks later...

I would really like to see a comparison of the clucker vs the  Coast to Coast Monkey machine it would be very interesting

I'm sure we will get one some day...provided both machines stay on the market long enough.

Archived