locations

Okay so I have decided to dip into full line vending. I love bulk vending but it looks like I have about 4 or 5 months of work before I get laid off and will have to figure something out, and full line seems like it' my best bet although I will still build my bulk route also. I just purchased 2 very, very old soda machines, but they still work and are actually on location. I also bought 3 very, very old snack machines, but again they are on location. I 'm not impressed with the machines, but I am with the locations, because I plan on replacing them with newer machines. My questions to you guys is how do you get your locations? With bulk it seems a lot less complicated because if I go into a place of business and there are already bulk machines there, I don't mind trying to get mine placed next to them. However, I know it doesn't work that way with full line. And it seems to me almost every company that warrants a snack and soda machine, already have them. so if anyone can give some guidance on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated

Okay so I have decided to dip into full line vending. I love bulk vending but it looks like I have about 4 or 5 months of work before I get laid off and will have to figure something out, and full line seems like it' my best bet although I will still build my bulk route also. I just purchased 2 very, very old soda machines, but they still work and are actually on location. I also bought 3 very, very old snack machines, but again they are on location. I 'm not impressed with the machines, but I am with the locations, because I plan on replacing them with newer machines. My questions to you guys is how do you get your locations? With bulk it seems a lot less complicated because if I go into a place of business and there are already bulk machines there, I don't mind trying to get mine placed next to them. However, I know it doesn't work that way with full line. And it seems to me almost every company that warrants a snack and soda machine, already have them. so if anyone can give some guidance on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated

I think that a lot of us do it the same way you do with bulk machines except that you'll seldom find two full line vendors at the same location. We look for locations that either don't have any machines or locations where the current machine look like crap and are almost empty.

The problem we have is finding good locations - if there aren't any machines on a location it usually means that the location won't support full line machines. This is also often the case where you see machines that are not being serviced. It doesn't take a vending sage to realize that a fair amount of effort and money go into establishing a full line account so you need to be a little bit cautious about where you place your equipment.

I target locations that will gross between $500 and $1,000 per month. This is a niche I've found in this area that is just below the radar of the big companies but still comfortably profitable. Usually I purchase existing routes but I'm very selective about this and will probably only add a couple of accounts a year. If you need to expand really quickly then you'll have to buy out somebody that's retiring and this often requires some type of financing. If you're going to make a living in full line, your gross will need to exceed 60k per year.

Most people trying to sell their routes are in dreamland price wise, and you need know what constitutes a good deal. It's a patience game and I'm not sure if you've got enough time to play it given your job situation.

• Like 1

For full line getting new accounts is all about salesmanship. You have to be able to present yourself professionally, knowledgeable and be able to think on your feet. When cold calling I will go in and ask who the decision maker is about the vending and for their card. Give the secretary a little goodie bag, ask a few questions of the secretary like, do the machines work, is the product old what are the prices. Try to find a sore spot so you have something to mention when you call back in a couple of days to set a appointment with the decision maker.

Lather, Rinse Repeat.

Ask your current locations for referrals to businesses they do business with. Find a business organization and join, Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, whatever and get involved. Over time opportunities will start coming to you.

theres no secret to getting locations

just keep smiling and dialing

soda-only locations are gonna be ur slower spots, mechanics/auto body shops/quick lube/tire shop, smaller warehouses

some larger retail places. $30-50 a week locations, anything more than that u prob need to do snacks as well.

• 7 years later...