Shelf Life

MrKentuckian

gum is 2 years. Nuts, M & M peanuts have shorter life. Especially after package is opened and stuff is in machines. That's why all I do is gum and coated candy like runts, banarama, crazy bananas ets.

As mentioned, gum is "2 years"...but, not two years from date of purchase.

I've seen brand new boxes of gum that are already a year old and still waiting to be sold.

Check the date of mfr BEFORE you buy to make sure you are getting as fresh a product as possible.

And even then, 2 yrs is a bit of a stretch because once the box is opened, that 2 yrs drops.

I recommend you give your gum no more than a few mos once it's been put in a globe.

You can buy a box of gum mfr'd last month and put in a machine on location today...that doesn't mean that gum would be good in that globe for almost a year-and-a-half!

When u service once a month, do you always dump product and put in fresh or just simply pour on top?

I pour on top of course, What!!! If I was throwing away, that would be over half of my profit. I only toss if the Peanut M & M's are severely cracked. That's telling me product is not going fast enough or there's to much heat in the room,1 of two things. Machine needs to be relocated within that location, " say away from the sun'' or that location will have everything else but Peanut M&M's

When u service once a month, do you always dump product and put in fresh or just simply pour on top?

I service when the machines need to be serviced. Slow locations of course are the exception because you only fill them partially. Probably for a beginner 3 months is the longest you want to go on service so fill accordingly, and my motto, visit the machine when there is one gumball left. But seriously service is a cost that needs to be managed.

Archived