"That game is rigged, just like bingo.."

Toad

Just overhead a couple guys in a diner talking about my crane "That game is rigged, just like bingo.." I knew cranes were rigged, but didnt know that it is common knowledge that bingo games are rigged!

Well those ping pong balls could be rigged! Reminds me of the Pennsylvania Lottery scandal way back in 1980 where 8 of the 10 balls were laced with latex paint, so that only 2 numbers would float to the top. I remember actually watching the drawing on TV and "666" came up. Not sure why I am even thinking about that day, I guess Bingo hit a few old memory cords. Just another Pittsburgh memory I guess.

Here some more info I found: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Pennsylvania_Lottery_scandal

Perry first discussed his idea with two of his business partners whom he worked with in the vending business, brothers Peter Maragos and Jack Maragos. Once committed to the plan, Perry approached local Pittsburgh lettering expert and WTAE art director Joseph Bock about creating weighted ping-pong balls that were replicas of the official balls used in the lottery machines. Bock agreed to help, and experimented with powder and other substances until he settled on white latex paint. Bock performed careful experiments to determine just the right amount of paint to use so that the weighted balls could fly up off the bottom of the machine, but not high enough to reach the vacuum tube so the ball would be drawn out of the machine. The men thought it would be too risky to weight nine of the ten balls for each machine, so they decided to leave both the 4 and 6 balls unchanged. Those would be the only balls light enough to actually be drawn. This would reduce the number of possible combinations to eight: 444, 446, 464, 466, 644, 646, 664, and 666. Bock then applied labels on the balls (obtained from an art supply store) that matched those of the originals.

Well those ping pong balls could be rigged! Reminds me of the Pennsylvania Lottery scandal way back in 1980 where 8 of the 10 balls were laced with latex paint, so that only 2 numbers would float to the top. I remember actually watching the drawing on TV and "666" came up. Not sure why I am even thinking about that day, I guess Bingo hit a few old memory cords. Just another Pittsburgh memory I guess.

Here some more info I found: http://en.wikipedia....Lottery_scandal

Perry first discussed his idea with two of his business partners whom he worked with in the vending business, brothers Peter Maragos and Jack Maragos. Once committed to the plan, Perry approached local Pittsburgh lettering expert and WTAE art director Joseph Bock about creating weighted ping-pong balls that were replicas of the official balls used in the lottery machines. Bock agreed to help, and experimented with powder and other substances until he settled on white latex paint. Bock performed careful experiments to determine just the right amount of paint to use so that the weighted balls could fly up off the bottom of the machine, but not high enough to reach the vacuum tube so the ball would be drawn out of the machine. The men thought it would be too risky to weight nine of the ten balls for each machine, so they decided to leave both the 4 and 6 balls unchanged. Those would be the only balls light enough to actually be drawn. This would reduce the number of possible combinations to eight: 444, 446, 464, 466, 644, 646, 664, and 666. Bock then applied labels on the balls (obtained from an art supply store) that matched those of the originals.

interesting....

i can win on sugarloaf's claw games most of the time and they have the weakest claw , i figure

if i spend less than the cost of the plush its a win. i run fair claw machines and i still make a good profit.

i can win on sugarloaf's claw games most of the time and they have the weakest claw , i figure

if i spend less than the cost of the plush its a win. i run fair claw machines and i still make a good profit.

If it is fair it would be even and you would not make money. I could be wrong.

even? not sure what u mean.

i set the grip so its possible to win even when you dont hit the percentaging if you play the game right by

bouncing a prize in the hole,if you set v2 to zero, nobody can ever win outside of the % , making it an illegal slot machine in most state.s

No "could" about it...you are wrong.

Running a fair business does not mean not making a profit.

Otherwise every business owner in America would be either a failure or a con-artist.

And there are plenty of us who are neither.

Archived