anybody run multicades?

ronsidney

• 5 months later...

I have new website, built this one myself after hours of YouTube ( who needs college anymore when we got YouTube!!)

I'm still adding stuff and learning SEO on YouTube now ( I guess you guys have guessed my hobby by now!) but it's functional .

http://www.customkade.com

Ron

I like the cade with bulk stand attached. How does that one do?

This multicade right here bulk rack is attached, it is just one unit all built together and on casters for easy moving.. this particular one in pic has DBA installed so that is uncharge for DBA( $2oo extra for ICT) or i can just wire it for DBA and you install your on for $25 extra(the faceplate and wire harness will be there)...

I can add dollar bill changer to this one for $500 extra and coins inserted into multicade coin mech will fill hopper(hopper itself can hold $300 on its on when you fill it)  this is what i have done in some places and it really helps as the multicade gets played more so hopper stays full on dollar changer and they use changer for bulk products ..

I have a lot more I'm gonna be adding to site in next few months so go like the Facebook page so you will be updated when i add new stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/customkade?ref=notif&notif_t=page_new_likes

Also as I'm watching  youtube videos on SEO i might ask any body on here if they are members of other forums about vending , laundry or arcade stuff like pinball sites etc. Any blogs you might have with vending i'd be glad to write a post on it for whomever and promise it won't be spammy!!  if you might let me know which ones so i might join the discussion and drop my links there or if any of you want to share link to may page i would be grateful!  ;D

This by far is best forum on web now and is highly ranked because of it and i hope nobody thinks I'm taking advantage of that and dropping my links, i try to be help on here to anybody that needs it so i hope that counts for something !

Im still learning the SEO stuff and website still needs a lot of work but ill figure it out hopefully!

This multicade right here bulk rack is attached, it is just one unit all built together and on casters for easy moving.. this particular one in pic has DBA installed so that is uncharge for DBA( $2oo extra for ICT) or i can just wire it for DBA and you install your on for $25 extra(the faceplate and wire harness will be there)...

I can add dollar bill changer to this one for $500 extra and coins inserted into multicade coin mech will fill hopper(hopper itself can hold $300 on its on when you fill it) this is what i have done in some places and it really helps as the multicade gets played more so hopper stays full on dollar changer and they use changer for bulk products ..

I have a lot more I'm gonna be adding to site in next few months so go like the Facebook page so you will be updated when i add new stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/customkade?ref=notif&notif_t=page_new_likes

Ya that's the one I was looking at very sharp. The changer idea is a good one. When we add changers to racks in busy spots sales jump about 30%. Changer built in Ron?

Yeah its built into unit, to have changer DBA only gives change and does not put credits on machine, to put credits on machine in this instance you would have to put quarters back into coin mechanism which in turn will fill up hopper on changer.. 

I'm getting a multicade cocktail table (I bought from someone on ebay, sorry :( ) on Monday.

I'm placing it in the pizza restaurant I manage.  I'm charging 50 cents a play keeping 75%  

I plan to limit it to about 6 games, maybe changing a few every few weeks.

I'll let you know how the sales are once it gets going :)

I dont have luck with eBay on multicades, the competition flags mine and eBay removes it without giving me a reason so I'm at a loss there. I do know the average buyer who really does not have experience in coin op ALWAYS seems to pick the worst machines for their route from eBay .

for example... The buyer sees one multicade with 60 in one board with all the classics and thinks "Wow cool." but then they dig a little more and see a multicade with 412 games or 1200 games or whatever for about the same price and the inexperience always leads them to pick the latter because it offers more games...

BIG MISTAKE!!  the only two standard boards i would run are the 60 in 1 vertical, and the 19 in one horizontal.. these both are icade boards.

The reason? well with these two the attract mode constantly rotates through the games available,plays annoying music yes, but it cycles through the games and customers sitting in the booth at pizza place or where ever just happen to glance over and see a game they played in junior high and wanna play.

some of the other boards? well they turn on and then a timer starts to count down, there is a list on the left that you can scroll through to see game titles during countdown but as soon as countdown is over it chooses the one highlighted ,for example the 138 in one board it has defender at top of list as they are in alphabetic order so after the countdown if nobody changes it it will choose defender and now basically you have a defender game! For the player to get back to the original screen they have to either turn game off and on or push player 1 button down for like 10 seconds to reset to game list.

the average player never gives it a chance, they never see the games the grew up flashing across attract mode, they just see defender playing!

i learned this the hard way as i thought more games = more money but oh was i wrong..after the months of $1.50 collections on the 412 in one and then the 60 in 1 had almost a $100 i figured it out.

Got the game today :)

I was worried about it being shipped across country, but it arrived in perfect condition!

It was basically plug and play.   It was preset for 25 cents a play, I was originally thinking of setting it for 50 cents, but I am now thinking I will leave it at 25.  Hopefully it'll get more plays that way.

I did have to get into the programming to adjust the volume and turn off a few games that require a trackball (mine didn't come with one).

The restaurant is crazy busy on Fridays and Saturdays, plus this Saturday we are having a fundraising concert, so there will be even more people packing the place.

I'll let you know how the first week goes.  :)

post-7668-0-47515500-1426562350_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay.  I emptied the quarters after exactly 7 days of use and had $53.50.

I was surprised and very pleased by that amount. :)  I gave the owner her 25%, and just sold the quarters back to the restaurant and I walked out with about $40. :)

I hope I can get the same amount every week, although I will probably empty if monthly, just for convenience.

Anyone else have an experience they can share?

• 1 month later...

Archived