Looking for a new locator try us

Just a pitiful situation!  Folks not paying their bills once the service has been provided.  Now, unless the locations are not accepted by the vendor or are poor performers.  What is really going on here All Pro Locators?  Make me understand this!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a pitiful situation!  Folks not paying their bills once the service has been provided.  Now, unless the locations are not accepted by the vendor or are poor performers.  What is really going on here All Pro Locators?  Make me understand this!

Not really sure but its frustrating.  We have found locations for 5 vendors so far but haven't heard back from any of the vendors at all.  Even when I sent them an email giving them the leads you would think they would at least respond with an email that they received the leads.  I figured I would try a new approach and not except payments in advance but it seems like its back fired on me.  BTW sorry for the delay in responses.  Usually an email is sent to me but I haven't gotten an email at all saying I have gotten responses on this thread.

Has anybody received a location? 

That would be a no....as previously stated we have found locations for 5 vendors but haven't gotten a response from any of them.  We will work on yours over the next few days since you really do seem  interested.  Anyone else that is interested please send me an email.  I don't want to keep going down the list when it seems most vendors got excited for a hot second and then decided to back out at the last minute.

I am not currently a customer of yours, but I may have machine(s) needing to be placed in the next couple of weeks, so I would like to hear some reviews.  I am serious and have always paid not only on time, but usually early, so I'd like to hear about those rack locations!

Just a thought All-Pro, maybe you could offer a discount on any order with an optional place for the customer to include their Vendiscuss username.  Then start a thread on here tracking payments of vendiscuss members.  Nothing would get you paid quicker than referring to members by NAME reminding them they have an outstanding balance. 

We TVF members would get a better rate and you'd get paid faster from the "community peer pressure". 

You offered a locating service with no upfront payments.

Then, after a few customers don't pay or communicate with you, you change your business model to match those of nearly every other locating firm: pay before services rendered.

But, in the process, you promise existing customers in good standing that they will be grandfathered into your pay-after-service rule.

And now you are asking people that already put in an order to verify that they are still interested in doing business with you.

That kind of disorganization does not instill a lot of confidence.

Can you address these questions please:

1. Why should vendors use your locating service vs another now that you are not allowing vendors to pay you AFTER your service is rendered?

2. Why should potential customers have confidence in your service given that it sounds like you were so shaken after only 5 non-pays? What's to say you won't take a vendor's pre-payment and run?

3. With so many years of vending experience, why were you NOT better prepared to handle a group of non-pays before you offered to accept payment after services rendered?

4. Are you proactively reaching out to ALL customers with pending orders? You should not assume everyone will read your post asking them to email confirmation on an order they may have placed weeks ago...most people won't think they need to "confirm" an order you were already supposed to be working on.

You offered a locating service with no upfront payments.

Then, after a few customers don't pay or communicate with you, you change your business model to match those of nearly every other locating firm: pay before services rendered.

But, in the process, you promise existing customers in good standing that they will be grandfathered into your pay-after-service rule.

And now you are asking people that already put in an order to verify that they are still interested in doing business with you.

That kind of disorganization does not instill a lot of confidence.

Can you address these questions please:

1. Why should vendors use your locating service vs another now that you are not allowing vendors to pay you AFTER your service is rendered?

2. Why should potential customers have confidence in your service given that it sounds like you were so shaken after only 5 non-pays? What's to say you won't take a vendor's pre-payment and run?

3. With so many years of vending experience, why were you NOT better prepared to handle a group of non-pays before you offered to accept payment after services rendered?

4. Are you proactively reaching out to ALL customers with pending orders? You should not assume everyone will read your post asking them to email confirmation on an order they may have placed weeks ago...most people won't think they need to "confirm" an order you were already supposed to be working on.

some good points, i think people are gonna be leery to pay until someone confirms they got placements. 

Myself and countless others have already been burnt by Kickstart and those who use the prepay model. I can't tell you how to run your business, but I can guarantee there are a lot of people who will refuse to do business with you because of this.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Just a thought All-Pro, maybe you could offer a discount on any order with an optional place for the customer to include their Vendiscuss username.  Then start a thread on here tracking payments of vendiscuss members.  Nothing would get you paid quicker than referring to members by NAME reminding them they have an outstanding balance. 

We TVF members would get a better rate and you'd get paid faster from the "community peer pressure". 

I had thought about that but my thoughts were that if I started mentioning names them vendors might start bashing us by telling lies.

I will respond to the rest of the comments early evening.  I'm heading out into the field.

I had thought about that but my thoughts were that if I started mentioning names them vendors might start bashing us by telling lies.

That is a very legitimate concern.

People will say all kinds of things to protect their reputation...even an online reputation.

It's a shame we can't put more faith into the belief that the truth always prevails.

But, too often, we see examples that prove the honest and honorable are not always the winners in these situations.

Nope honestly I think they have given up. I just think they bit off more than they could chew. Especially for just starting off! I messaged them after like they asked... never got anything back. Haven't heard one update. The no one paying them could even be a cover up... who knows!

I will respond to the rest of the comments early evening.  I'm heading out into the field.

In fairness to All Pro, he said they would respond to comments "early evening".

He didn't say WHICH evening.

:rolleyes:

I honestly think their already out of business. Locating takes a lot of work, time, and skill. Especially trying to locate by phone!!!

I do not disagree.

But, I would be very disappointed to see them folding up their tents already given their 20 and 30 yrs of experience between the two partners.

I know it is a tough gig

But it's still awfully surprising to see this group go belly-up so soon...if indeed they have.

I've seen others with A LOT less vending experience give professional locating a better go at it than these two seem to be putting forth.

given their 20 and 30 yrs of experience between the two partners.

I

did you know im 6'5 millionaire with 2 victorias secret model girlfriends ,6 pack abs, and i drive  a ferrari

No.  You have to keep up with the competitors service.  As a customer I'm willing to pay a premium if you over-deliver on your customer service.  

There are many locating services out there who have not set the bar very high.  If you can consistently find above average locations in a timely manner, I'd pay double what some other locators charge.  That being said, $50 for a double and $55 for a rack - it sure sounds like their pricing is..."off"; not that I have a problem with that.  

Pricing is off.....but i do have  a problem with that :)  Good luck.

I think pricing is irrelevant at this point How2Vend...we may as well be discussing the availability of ocean front property in Phoenix.

Like those Phoenix beach-homes, I don't think there are likely to be any locations being sold by this locator.

Archived