Bouncy Balls at Golf Driving Range

vending4U

I recently picked up a location at a golf driving range / outside bar.  I have a triple and put some bouncy balls in it.  They are gone within 9 days!  The guy behind the bar says people buy them to drive at the range and are blasting them off like rockets then come back for more to do it again!  I filled the whole thing up this time, so lets see how long it takes for it to empty. 

Hopefully you are paying location a commission otherwise location is losing money. Here's a thought. After hours go out and search the grounds and locate used BB and put back into machine for resale. Can anyone say cha-ching. Also nothing like a super low COGS.

put a sign on there

"please do not hit these into the range"

that will CYA in case the location gets annoyed by it, and it will give people

who didnt think of doing it the idea to do it LOL

This will work as long as the bouncy balls don't clog or jam up the ball catcher 

the kids running the catcher for the first few months would be like COOL... free bouncy balls

by the third month  they will complain that they are jamming up the catcher

Geez,

I could chuck my woods and just play the whole course with a five iron with some of those balls - probably hit the fairways too (something I'm not good at)

Hopefully you are paying location a commission otherwise location is losing money. Here's a thought. After hours go out and search the grounds and locate used BB and put back into machine for resale. Can anyone say cha-ching. Also nothing like a super low COGS.

No commission required!  I drink a beer with the owners!  Love the idea about reuse but the florida sun would have them looking pretty ugly by the time I'd have time to do it!!!

You would think that at a driving range that golf balls would be the item that would sell, not BB's! That's funny though, and if it works, then keep at it!

Can't sell golf balls as that is what the owner sells or rather (I guess) rents... whole bucket of balls for $7 then they pick them up and reuse, reuse, reuse...

put a sign on there

"please do not hit these into the range"

that will CYA in case the location gets annoyed by it, and it will give people

who didnt think of doing it the idea to do it LOL

The owner of the location was the first to do it!  No need to CYA in this case!  I think the bartender has a running bet with people as I heard him tell someone that he would bet them a beer that they couldn't hit a BB from the machine out of the range!  Great in house advertising here!!!

What size bouncy balls were they? I might try this. Lol

Standard 27mm ones! Have fun!

Archived