New Mulitcades

mjacks

No Track Ball for Centipede?  Are the machines set for 25 or 50 cent play?

the other model has trackball.. i dont like trackball myself as it never gets used..even when someone plays centipede they end up using joystick,its just alot easier and more precise..

its funny how many people mention that trackball??? 

The first few i built for my route i put trackballs on them as i remembered it on centipede growing up.. i sat and watched them several times with crowds around at pizza places etc. and first of all nobody hardly plays centipede at all.. and second everytime they would play the kids would use joystick, and even when a grownup played he would use joystick also( i would coin it up and choose centipede and then say i was just testing it and let someone about my age play to see what they would do)

as far as  price that is all adjustable in menu...

ron

I was also wondering the same thing! And Mjacks how big are these things? Are they to small or are they a decent size?

It is smaller than a standard arcade game which is nice when moving it around.  I don't have the actual dimensions handy but maybe Ron will chime in.

It is smaller than a standard arcade game which is nice when moving it around.  I don't have the actual dimensions handy but maybe Ron will chime in.

the base is 24 by 24..about 5 and half tall? im not in front of one to measure height but i remember base as i made it to fit in certain locations..I am 6 ft tall and joystick and controls are at confortable level without bending over and screen angle is not to vertical that makes you crouch either... I studied all these things when making height and size of joystick and angle of screen.

it weighs about 150 lbs and there is no stops or hinges on back so you can lay it on its back and slide it into bed of truck or minivan easily, i transport alot of games like this as it is more simple to do.. slide one in my sprinter and just pile my plush and bulk stuff on top,if i find a locations for it during the day i just slide it out,grab my fold up dolley and wheel it in..

i did place 2 in china buffets to test them out and they both did close to a hundred the first month out, these are not the busiest china buffets either.. I just wanted a tester to see what to expect as i had been targeting pizza places and laundries etc before.

ron

i did place 2 in china buffets to test them out and they both did close to a hundred the first month out, these are not the busiest china buffets either.. I just wanted a tester to see what to expect as i had been targeting pizza places and laundries etc before.

ron

I do not have experience with arcade locations, so this may just be my naivete...but, $100 a month for a single piece of equipment requiring no product sounds GREAT to me.

Even at a typical 50% commission split, I'd take that gross every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I do not have experience with arcade locations, so this may just be my naivete...but, $100 a month for a single piece of equipment requiring no product sounds GREAT to me.

Even at a typical 50% commission split, I'd take that gross every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

now that is in a location that crane made 350 for month and bulk rack makes about 75, I can normally always expect at least 50 from one a month but these are no gangbusters new machine.  I just like them because the national crane operators like Service vending etc wont touch video and i make my locations  think they HAVE to have this game .. when they cant bring a multicade to their offer i get to keep account when they get pitched, Its all or nothing i say.

ron

How much are they?

Are they expandable?

I have a lot of laser disc games converted for daphne.

some really rare ones too. Chopper Command, Us vs Them, Firefox, lots more.

mostly all I see on these systems is the 2 dragon's lairs and space ace.

How much are they?

Are they expandable?

I have a lot of laser disc games converted for daphne.

some really rare ones too. Chopper Command, Us vs Them, Firefox, lots more.

mostly all I see on these systems is the 2 dragon's lairs and space ace.

its not mame or emulator type setup..its just gameboard and jamma harness..very simple and not much that can go wrong.

ron

I set a couple of Rons games last week and I was really suprised by the great reaction to the machines. I expected the older people to be happy about the classic games but was overwhelmed by the kid reactions. The kids knew all the games and were ready to spend. I didn't think the kids would even know the games but they knew everyone. Mulitcades will never be home run platforms but they beat the heck out of $3800 touch screens. I can even fix these myself.

I expected the older people to be happy about the classic games but was overwhelmed by the kid reactions. The kids knew all the games and were ready to spend. I didn't think the kids would even know the games but they knew everyone.

Without having any on location, I am still not surprised by your comments.

The multicades in my family were all built and kept for personal use and the family kids spend more time on them than the adults...even though the adults have our share of fun on them, too.

I don't own any arcades for many reasons but reading about these multicades seem they eliminate several of those reason. These appear to be a great compliment to a bulk and amusement line up. if I ever decide to do arcades it would definitely be these or something real similar.

I don't own any arcades for many reasons but reading about these multicades seem they eliminate several of those reason. These appear to be a great compliment to a bulk and amusement line up. if I ever decide to do arcades it would definitely be these or something real similar.

Coming from someone how has made the mistake of getting too heavy into video this is wise.  The multicades are cheap enough to get into with out the risk of having it go out of vogue or have to upgrade the lastest version to keep sales up.  So simple that even I can work on them and I am a step up from a poorly trained monkey.

• 9 months later...

Let us know how it does as well for a arcade game. I'm interested to see if the new modern style helps increase revenue generated. 

Hey mjacks...was reading through some old threads and found this.

Thought I'd follow-up to see how these multicades are doing?

here is new one that i have been using..i have alot of places that i have racks in that another vendor has amusements as i go a little farther out of my area with bulk.. These places are far away and i dont want to put cranes or heavy service machines that get empty fast but i wanted to add something.. I am also able to get into some locations that already have bulk with these as i can pitch that they don't have pac man etc with that old rack they currently have.. The one in pic just has some machines i sold with it on this one as i normally put 3 column tat on top and 2 - 60's or oak 450's on bottom

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r749/blazingquarters/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps9f7a2dca.jpg

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r749/blazingquarters/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps949abb2d.jpg

Hey mjacks...was reading through some old threads and found this.

Thought I'd follow-up to see how these multicades are doing?

They do fine and they are consistent.  Maybe $40-50 a month.  Don't expect much from them other than to fill a space and make the management happy.

here is new one that i have been using..i have alot of places that i have racks in that another vendor has amusements as i go a little farther out of my area with bulk.. These places are far away and i dont want to put cranes or heavy service machines that get empty fast but i wanted to add something.. I am also able to get into some locations that already have bulk with these as i can pitch that they don't have pac man etc with that old rack they currently have.. The one in pic just has some machines i sold with it on this one as i normally put 3 column tat on top and 2 - 60's or oak 450's on bottom

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r749/blazingquarters/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps9f7a2dca.jpg

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r749/blazingquarters/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps949abb2d.jpg

That is really cool.  I will have to keep these in mind when I am ready for some new stuff.

Archived