DN 5800-4 Problem

This one has me stumped. You insert your money and make a selection and the cup runs to approximately the D6 position and stops dead. The machine paused for a few seconds and display reads "vend error" then Y homing and $$ is returned and cup returns to home position.

When I go into the service mode I get no error codes? I've checked all the belts and made sure all tracks are clean, everything is good. I'm thinking the motor is on the way out, been doing 200-300 a day for over 2 years now.

Could it possibly be a board problem?

This one has me stumped. You insert your money and make a selection and the cup runs to approximately the D6 position and stops dead. The machine paused for a few seconds and display reads "vend error" then Y homing and $$ is returned and cup returns to home position.

When I go into the service mode I get no error codes? I've checked all the belts and made sure all tracks are clean, everything is good. I'm thinking the motor is on the way out, been doing 200-300 a day for over 2 years now.

Could it possibly be a board problem?

Should have bought the Royal  ;D  ;D  ;D

.................... and yes, I could have resisted but decided not to - a quick decision!

Why am I not surprised? B) Sometimes a quick decision is the best decision :-*

At to 2 to 3 hundred a day for that long, it doesn't owe you anything.  I'm pretty sure none of these glassfronts will be hanging around like the stackers do.

If the glass fronts did not sell 20% more product in most locations they would not exist. Yes they are a pain but some places the extra sales are worth the trouble.

Walta

Mission,

Do you mean that no error codes come up after entering the service menu on a Coke vendor and pressing sel. 4 to enter the "Error Codes" menu?  I would expect that this issue would generate the "Vend Mechanism" error with the sub codes being either "X/Y" meaning the X or Y home switches are not seen, or "Encoder" meaning the encoder is not being seen.  The reference to the Coke manual is http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/e667893fe32caf4785256bcd0066752b/d0c8138d33161558852573a900713374?OpenDocument

On a generic machine you would enter the service mode, go to the TEST MENU and press B to LIST ERRORS.  I would expect to see VEND MECH ERROR, and sub error either HORIZ or VERT for the drive system problems, or PICKI or PICKO for picker errors.  Here is the link to the Generic manual for troubleshooting:  http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/e667893fe32caf4785256bcd0066752b/98bf5e00b89bfcf3852573b800750ff8?OpenDocument

I'm probably giving you information that you already have, but both manuals have fairly detailed troubleshooting lists you can go through.  The Coke manual includes a list of Dixie diagnostic tests and the generic manual has a lengthy flowchart to follow. 

I think you may have an encoding issue and you might have to start from scratch from each home position, moving the picker to a specific location so the encoder can be recalibrated, just as you do with a new logic board.

Good luck with this.

Tried the master reset on the machine with no success.

Then tried switching the motors to see if the "Y homing" becomes "x homing" that had no improvement either.

Test vend mode has a similar problem where the cup either does not move at all or replicates previously mentioned problem.

After a call with tech support we decided its either a harness or board issue. Close inspection of harness and connectors shows nothing obvious so given that I'm getting different responses in test mode I went with a board problem. Board has been pulled and sent out. Fortunately there are two other soda machines in place so it can be down for a few days without any real problems.

• 5 years later...

Archived