Starting a New Business

Guest Faysal85

Guest Faysal85

I am interested in setting up a few gumball machines in local businesses. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what steps I have to go through to start a vending business. Is there a specific license I have to obtain? Thanks in advance.

Check with your local county.  For mine, no, it's very simple, but some there are some hoops you have to jump through.  Call the state tomorrow and tell them what you're looking to do and they should be able to let you know!

If you're just interested in a few little gumball machines...it might not be a big deal, but I'd check on it first.

You local city and county will dictate licensing requirements. Where I live there aren't any. Once you get that out of the way, you just need to buy some machines, find locations for them, fill them with product and keep them serviced. If you don't want to negotiate commissions, then get your business signed up with a charity.

I am in Florida, there are requirements here,  But you need  the proper business license and tax permits, even one machine, without proper documents will get you in trouble, do it right the first time, find out what permits you need and get them, then you will walk into a business with confidence and offer your service . no hidden agenda.

The best thing to do is go to your local municipality or city hall and ask for the occupational license or business tax department.  (You might even check with zoning if the other two aren't helpful). They will be able to tell you what kind of licensing, or permits are required to run a vending business.  While many municipalities have no requirements, more and more of them are beginning to regulate this, as well as most, industries in an attempt to "protect" the consumer.  I think it is just there way of being able to tax the small business man, but as Malatesta already pointed out, if they are regulating and you don't have the proper documentation, it could lead to some trouble and worse...severe fines.  Hope this helps.

Archived