Name?

desert_gold_hound

I am having a problem. I have been thinking about vending for a while. It is now getting close to the time I need to place my machines and still have not came close to a good name for the business. I plan to get my license at the end of next week and have to have the name thought of by then.

I don't have plans for going out side my general area (4 cities in two states) but may decide to later so I don't wont it to be geographical name.

I may go into full line vending and have hopes of doing this. So i don't wont it to be something related to any specific type of vending.

I don't wish to use any part of my name.

If any of you can give me some help in coming up with a good name I would really appreciate it.

I don’t wont anything too common.

Some names I have decided stink

Desert Vending

Alpha Vending

Vending ‘R’ Us

Only decent name but I don’t know.

Desert Gold Vending

I dont know how things are in your state but in PA if we use a fictitious name it costs more. I had a name all picked out when i went to get my liscence the accountant told me that if i use a fictitious name that i would need to register it and that it would cost between 200-400.

On the other hand, if you use something with your name in it then its free

You might notice that many of the vending companies here use their name somewhere in the name.

I like Desert Gold Vending though :)

Holy Cow!!!! $200-$400 is outrageous. It cost me $5 at the country clerk and then $90 to run the ad in the newspaper.  

chad wrote:

I dont know how things are in your state but in PA if we use a fictitious name it costs more. I had a name all picked out when i went to get my liscence the accountant told me that if i use a fictitious name that i would need to register it and that it would cost between 200-400.

You might notice that many of the vending companies here use their name somewhere in the name.

Not worried about that I have had buisness here and not had much cost or problems. The only one that cost me a furtune was my last one that I incorperated. It cost me 200 to place the required add in paper.

I'm going to start a new topic. I think that you have some great knowlege to share. I think that incorporating or LLC would be somethng a lot of people would be interested in could you let us know how to go about incorporating since you' ve done it before. Thanks

no wonder our state is broke

joebob051977 wrote:

Holy Cow!!!! $200-$400 is outrageous. It cost me $5 at the country clerk and then $90 to run the ad in the newspaper.  

chad wrote:

I'm going to start a new topic. I think that you have some great knowlege to share. I think that incorporating or LLC would be somethng a lot of people would be interested in could you let us know how to go about incorporating since you' ve done it before. Thanks

I found out if I would have kept it simple it would have been MUCH CHEAPER. First only put one name on the business. I had 4 others that were working with me to start the business. When stating what your business will be doing keep it simple. If you are vending don't write things like vending service, repair, sales, bulk vending, full line vending... You don't need to mark down every thing you will be doing simply state something like "vending machines sales and service" You don't wont it too simple that they will question what you are doing, however; you don't wont it so detailed that you stick yourself when it comes to placing your add. The more words the more words in the add. My add I had to place was VERY BIG. They have some here that cost less then $50 because they kept it simple. Rember you can sell stock at your first meeting. They don’t need their name on the articles.

As far as filling out the papers it is different for each state. Arizona is really easy just read and read again when filling out the papers. I called the state every 5 min. when filling out the papers and made sure I was doing it right. I wonted it going through the first time. I will not go into detail on how to file as this is a long process. I will consider writing an article on it in the futcher (don’t know how to spell). Remember it doesn't end once you get your papers approved. You will have just got your work started. You have to have board meetings, keep minutes(yes even if its only you), and keep good records.

I have no intention of incorporating at first. If your state is one of the hard ones to incorporate in then do your self a favor and do it in another state. This is totally legal and you can still get your states business license.

Well the following web page has changed drastically since I last incorporated. But it’s the page that I got 90% of the information I needed when doing it myself.

http://www.azcc.gov/divisions/corporations/