Ideas for Flat Vendors (Techniques which have worked for us.)

ButlersVending

Many years ago on a different, now defunct, bulk vending site, I listened to many vendors who were vending Flat items, as Stickers and Temporary Tattoos. After reading the various success stories, we bought our first Sticker Machines ... several old well used Steiner Machines. After spiffing them up, and buying several different Temporary Tattoos, we were "in business". The various "success stories" were truthful, and we did well.

A couple of years ago, I began considering selling my World Banknote Collection (( A bunch of low value banknotes from many different places. )) At first, I culled many of my duplicates to "see how it would go". They were a hit. Because I'd previously seldom bought any WBNs for more than twenty-five cents each, I began vending them for fifty cents each. Since, we've had numerous machines to "Empty", and sometimes the locations would call to say that they were either sold out or just empty. After my duplicates were close to being sold out, I found eBay sellers and a few dealers who gave me prices from 5 Cents to 25 Cents each; initially the average price per WBN was about 15 to 17 1/2 Cents each in quantity.

Now WBNs ((World Banknotes)) have gone to just over a Quarter each, so we're about to increase our prices to 75 Cents each.

If any vendors wants to try this, the material is readily available on eBay, and I'd freely give additional sources if wanted.

Sources for folders are:

A&A (not the best quality folders)

SSM in Tempe, AZ (good quality white folders)

and

VenDynamics in CA (excellent quality colorful themed folders ... for just about a Penny more, with a possibility for more repeat buyers)

Sources for WBNs are:

Bob Butler (me) / bobbutler1@verizon.net

NumisWorld2 on eBay/ Eric Hall

Educational Coin on the Internet

Plus whatever other sources that you may find.

My recommendation is to vend only genuine World Banknotes, never copies, reproductions, Chinese Coupons, HBNs, nor Novelty Notes.

Good Luck. (( I'm 68 and am offering my (Va. and N.C.) Bulk Vending Business for sale.)) ... but that's for another topic!

Archived