Ziggy the Talking Clown

Harvending

I am considering trying this machine. I feel it could be a money maker. Does anyone have experience with this and will share. Thanks Harvey

Are you buying a new one from Mayoni? An all American chicken will be more flexible and give more options.

Clowns are creepy.....

But, they are sooo cute when they are babies:

3830901_f260.jpg

I haven't seen a ziggy clown machine in person, but I like what I see in online pics.

There are some places that I think would really do well with these.

Problem is, I've never seen one on the used market so you'd only have "new" as an option if you want to do this in more than a couple of spots.

Are you buying a new one from Mayoni? An all American chicken will be more flexible and give more options.

That is what I am debating with myself. This machine is $1050.00 delivered. A Chicken is about $1650.00 delivered. Either machine make a good return. 

After looking at a few pics it doesnt look like it has a bill acceptor and it has plexiglass instead of tempered glass. From what ive seen so far in the chickens 20-50% is dollar bills. And everybody knows how much abuse the plexiglass heads take, some windex and the glass on the chicken looks brand new. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the machine can affirm or disprove my assumptions.

After looking at a few pics it doesnt look like it has a bill acceptor and it has plexiglass instead of tempered glass. From what ive seen so far in the chickens 20-50% is dollar bills. And everybody knows how much abuse the plexiglass heads take, some windex and the glass on the chicken looks brand new. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the machine can affirm or disprove my assumptions.

Mayoni machines are not bad. But they are far from the standard that Parsal as set with the new chicken machine. I have some Mayoni equipment. It's built with plexi. No main boards or animation Some have a battery operated sound box activated my micro switch on the coin mech. No lights.

Mayoni machines are not bad. But they are far from the standard that Parsal as set with the new chicken machine. I have some Mayoni equipment. It's built with plexi. No main boards or animation Some have a battery operated sound box activated my micro switch on the coin mech. No lights.

Thanks for responding, it really helps me to decide. By reading your post about the Chicken I will be getting the Chicken machine. I won"t be buying them as fast for the extra cost, but I hope to get 4 this year. I hope you will allow me to ask you questions about these in the future. Thanks for the help.  Harvey

What do you mean by no "animation"?

Doesn't the clown on the swing move or are you referring to something else by "animation"?

No the only power is battery for a voice box that mounts on the inside of the door. Clown won't swing, jump, or give you a hi five

No the only power is battery for a voice box that mounts on the inside of the door. Clown won't swing, jump, or give you a hi five

Dang...that's crazy. For what they sell for, I would think it would do SOMETHING.

Especially because of these sites...

These guys describe the swing as "motorized".

And this seller mentions the clown "swings back and forth".

While This site states, "the clown swings when played".

And then there's

If you are right about it doing nothing, it's bound to lead to a lot of disappointed customers.

I talked to Mayoni and and it does swing. plays music and talks and it is AC powered, and has interior lights over the clown. I would like to see it in person.

I have lots of Mayoni machines but ziggie is the only one I don't have I was going by the ones I have seen out there in the field and none of them did anything other than play music. Maybe they were not working who knows

Dang...that's crazy. For what they sell for, I would think it would do SOMETHING.

And then there's

If you are right about it doing nothing, it's bound to lead to a lot of disappointed customers.

I don't think the video is a Mayoni ziggy looks different and has different coin mech

And then there's

Man, that is a creepy clown.  ;-)

I don't think the video is a Mayoni ziggy looks different and has different coin mech

Hard to say.

Regardless, even if made by someone else, the clown's movement is probably not much different than Mayoni's.

Ziggy does have animation and lights, after all.

So the one in the video could be a Mayoni but in a design used specific for Kids-R-Us.

The machine in the video is labeled for Kids-R-Us stores.

But far from the options offered on an all American chicken.

Led lights

Electronic coin mechs

Various pricing options

Multiple sound tracks

Prize counter and sensor

And more.

Not to mention the support and know how of the parsal staff. Mayoni is a metal fab company that happens to make vending machines. I have a couple Dino vends we tossed on the scrap metal pile at the shop because the plexi needs replacing and it cost about 150 each

Mayoni machines are not bad.

I have lots of Mayoni machines but ziggie is the only one I don't have

I have a couple Dino vends we tossed on the scrap metal pile at the shop because the plexi needs replacing and it cost about 150 each

You own all of their models except the ziggy so you have a pretty good grasp of Mayoni products.

Considering some of their equipment is better as "scrap metal" rather than replacing $150 of plexi, I'm surprised you still rate them as "not bad".

That says a lot about the Mayoni machines that don't become scrap metal when it's time for some refurb.

What are some better Mayoni machines you recommend over the Ziggy or those Dinos?

You own all of their models except the ziggy so you have a pretty good grasp of Mayoni products.

Considering some of their equipment is better as "scrap metal" rather than replacing $150 of plexi, I'm surprised you still rate them as "not bad".

That says a lot about the Mayoni machines that don't become scrap metal when it's time for some refurb.

What are some better Mayoni machines you recommend over the Ziggy or those Dinos?

They only make about 5 machines. Ziggy, Dino, Big Top Pinball and a couple more. They told me they were discontinuing some but didn.t say which. This a secondary business and really feel not that important to them. I would be afraid they would stop vending altogether. Parsel and their group, I think will be around for a while. Just wish they were priced better.

We don't referb bulk machines we do replace parts as needed. We keep a good supply of globes,mechs, wheels, small plexi etc. but in this case with shipping it would cost 200 or better to repair a machine I have 200 or less in. It's a filler machine not a staple. Mayoni equipment is not bad it makes money each month. In the case of Dino vend glass it just cost more to repair than its worth.

Shame they didn't say which they were discontinuing.

Might be worth trying to swing some decent buys if they are looking at unloading some stuff.

I can see why Dino is not a fav, but which Mayoni have you had a better experience with Havending?

There's Mini Pinball, Fun Shuttle, Sgt Major, and Robovend (besides the two we already mentioned on this thread).

I think you've owned each if I understood your previous post.

But far from the options offered on an all American chicken.

Led lights

Electronic coin mechs

Various pricing options

Multiple sound tracks

Prize counter and sensor

And more.

Not to mention the support and know how of the parsal staff. Mayoni is a metal fab company that happens to make vending machines. I have a couple Dino vends we tossed on the scrap metal pile at the shop because the plexi needs replacing and it cost about 150 each

HA,

That I know of it's now been TWICE that you have posted wrong info against equipment that's posted in a manner that competes with the All American Chicken.

For one: http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/16617-impulse-treasure-chest/?hl=treasure+castle

See your posts #2, #12.

Then your info is shown to be wrong and you blame it on a friend on post #15.

Of course, undeterred, your AAC sales pitch continues on post #20

And then more recently, on this thread you pitch the All American Chicken on post #3 and #7, and post wrong info about the competition on post #10.

You then come back with an excuse on post #13 when you are shown to be mistaken. Then another pitch for the AAC in post #16.

I personally don't care on way or the other because I am not involved in bulk vending but with the size of your business, your years of experience and overall amazing knowledge of the industry, to me at least, it is unfathomable that you do not know about these competing machines and what they can and cannot do. I find it incredulous that you have posted erroneous information about machines that appear to compete directly against the one

that you have hyped around here for months, especially when you also claim to own some of them.

To me that kind of behavior is very destructive to the credibility of the person engaging in this behavior. Maybe the AAC is all that you say it is, others have also supported your comments but to me a businessman doesn't need to lie about products that compete against the one he continuously hypes unless he has something to gain or other ulterior motive.

HA,

That I know of it's now been TWICE that you have posted wrong info against equipment that's posted in a manner that competes with the All American Chicken.

For one: http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/16617-impulse-treasure-chest/?hl=treasure+castle

See your posts #2, #12.

And then more recently, on this thread you pitch the All American Chicken on post #3 and #7, and post wrong info about the competition on post #10.

You then come back with an excuse on post #13 when you are shown to be mistaken. Then another pitch for the AAC in post #16.

I personally don't care on way or the other because I am not involved in bulk vending but with the size of your business, your years of experience and overall amazing knowledge of the industry, to me at least, it is unfathomable that you do not know about these competing machines and what they can and cannot do. I find it incredulous that you have posted erroneous information about machines that appear to compete directly against the one

that you have hyped around here for months, especially when you also claim to own some of them.

To me that kind of behavior is very destructive to the credibility of the person engaging in this behavior. Maybe the AAC is all that you say it is, others have also supported your comments but to me a businessman doesn't need to lie about products that compete against the one he continuously hypes unless he has something to gain or other ulterior motive.

Every thing I post is in good faith. It has been a long time since I have seen a ziggy and the ones I saw DID NOT swing or have a light over the clown and I. Fact they are the only two items I was in correct on about the ziggy. This is an open forum for us to share ideas, experience and yes reviews. Reviews Will vary form poster to poster depending on what experience a vendor had or what a vendor remembers about a machine and some times errors will be made. For some reason you decided to single me out not sure why. But I have posted many reviews about products, suppliers,service and more. And I will continue to. Some times there may be an error In my or anyone else's reviews if that bothers you maybe you should not read them. Your concern should have been handed in private with me and not Im an open forum. The way you posted is border line harassment.

HA,

See your posts #2, #12.

I have watched this behavior in Topics, I am glad I am not the only one to notice.

you also played dumb, and misleading when someone asked about the monkey bizz-ness from coast to coast

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/16477-monkey-bizz-ness/?hl=monkey+biz

make that 3

bill

Your concern should have been handed in private with me and not Im an open forum. The way you posted is border line harassment.

smiley-laughing025.gif

My expressing a opinion certainly does not rise anywhere close to the level of harassment. As for public or private, you did not appear to have any problem a few months ago when I challenged kelly publicly to put up or shut up about calling you a shill.

As I said previously, your tenure in the industry and level of success is probably unparalleled among the membership here. You don't get there without working very hard and be always looking out for the next big thing to come along so that you can take advantage with it. That's why I find it incomprehensible that in three specific instances you claim to know very little about a machine that just happens to compete in the same category of the AAC, or have even posted erroneous information about them. 

I could buy it happening with someone with far less experience than you, but three times is very difficult for me as a casual reader of these topics to believe. If you really are that unaware then it really causes me to question your knowledge of the industry and consequently your credibility. 

I have watched this behavior in Topics, I am glad I am not the only one to notice.

We notice many thing but often choose not to interfere and let the topic play out on its own. However, sometimes it becomes necessary to muck out the stall.

I have Ziggy the clown and  its quite a few years old and its well built and works perfectly, it never breaks down. As far as I am aware the clown  always swings back and forth and plays music which is adjustable at the rear of the machine. Its works exactly as a post on this thread by harvending states it does. Saying its stationary with no lights etc I believe is misleading and its not the same machine at all.

I sometimes swap Ziggy the clown for an Elmo of the same size which works great, this machine works great when theres small kids around. I hope the Parsal Chicken machine is as well made and runs as trouble free as Ziggy does from Mayoni..  

Based on my experience Mayoni maybe basic machines but they are very well made and they go on and on with no troubles at all.

Archived