Kiddie Rides

Rick Falcon

Kidde rides are very steady earners. Dont make a lot of money though so you have to buy them cheap. New they run 3-4 $k no more than they make you need to buy them at 3-4 hundred, some of the older ones were pretty heavy too. If you are going to refurb stick to trains, motor bikes,cartoonish stuff and stay away from horses or realistic animals because they are expensive to paint and make look good. 

I have a grocery store account that has a bunch of those rides in every location (not mine) and I see kids riding them all the friggen time.  I am working on a way to get that business as well and have an exclusive deal in all those locations.  I imagine demographics make a difference though so stick to the less affluent areas where the kids don't have better stuff at home to play with.

What are these worth restored? Do people really pay excess of $1,000 that you see them listed for? 

Also what kind of paint is used to restore these? I would imagine that it needs to harden and be very tough. Or are these just painted and then have a clear epoxy of some sort on top?

Kiddie rides do well for me,

There not a Cash cow... by no means but they are steady earners for little ones.

$50.00 a month   +/-  I have about 15 on routes

If these are outdoors do you chain these up? I picked up a rural supermarket and there is an electrical outlet available and a perfect spot for a kiddie ride outside of the grocery store. My only concern is it would walk away. What are your thoughts on this?

I cant make squat on kiddie rides.. If they are inside in a arcade setting or big foyer you can make ok as you get 12 months of play..But for me the outdoor kiddie rides in front of groceries you only get about 3-4 months in TN of good sales, those good sales being $50 a month or so.. in winter i dont ever crack them open as i know there wont be any money in them.

I have a few sitting in field behind my shop that i need to sell but just haven't had time..I sold some on ebay a few years ago on auction and they only brought $15 each so i haven't bothered with ebay anymore,they would bring that in scrap metal.

liability is high on them if you let your liability insurance company know you have them..

as far as types go cars and trucks are the best i think as they are like a "infant baby sitter" where the 11-12 year old will sit their little bro or sis down and drop some coins while they play the crane,,,,but these same models will also become the garbage can for location it seems and you always find trash in them.

horses are ok but the parent has to hold the small kids so they don't fall off..

any kind of licensed ride is always best earners, like bob the builder, elmo etc.

ron

Anyone on here operate kiddie rides and what are the pros and cons

I operate 1. Its all I have time for.

Pros - It keeps me grounded.

Cons - It can be a pain in the neck.

Here's my ride...

e3eqy8e3.jpg

I operate 1. Its all I have time for. Pros - It keeps me grounded. Cons - It can be a pain in the neck. Here's my ride... e3eqy8e3.jpg

You might consider putting a coin mech on that Steve - and maybe a new stand  ;D

I already have a coin mech AND a bill acceptor on this. (Left hand and right hand)

Where do you run credit cards?  Oh wait, I don't want to know.....

Do you chain these up? I am sure they are really heavy, they look like it, but has anyone had a problem with any go missing? I am looking at a Garfield ride that is in pretty good shape for $300.

Do you chain these up? I am sure they are really heavy, they look like it, but has anyone had a problem with any go missing? I am looking at a Garfield ride that is in pretty good shape for $300.

If you are placing it outside make sure you have the location bring it inside and $300 sounds like a good price for a kiddie ride, I wouldn't buy new when it comes to these rides.

If you are placing it outside make sure you have the location bring it inside and $300 sounds like a good price for a kiddie ride, I wouldn't buy new when it comes to these rides.

Are you saying have the location bring it in every night?

If you are placing it outside make sure you have the location bring it inside

Do you have a lot of locations do this?

I think most locations around here would consider that too much of a PITA and just decline my offer instead of hauling my machine in and out everyday for a bit of commission each month.

I dont have any kiddie rides but out here in N.Y most locations will haul them in after hours.The only thing you will find outside is a crane machine.

A crane machine left OUTSIDE!

Holy smokes...people could never get away with that around here.

That's very interesting.

Archived