Florescent light size model bulbs for vendo v312 pepsi machine identification

Vendergy

Ok you vending machine sleuths! I have one for you....traded an old pair of sunglasses for an older pepsi machine.

I noticed the side pepsi graphics was placed over old ocean spray graphics. The machine blows ice cold, but the mars bill validator accepts bills and makes the accepted noise but doesn't credit the mars coin mech, and does not vend. When using coins, it vends fine. Noticed it didn't have any florescent bulbs in it..so I measured from end to end of the fixture ends at 32". S I assume F32T12 :huh: No one has that size! Maybe it isn't? Searched model number and can't find the right bulb size.

Side label of machine says model 01c 3246 MA. Vendo basic unit V312

Where can I get the bulbs and what size should I be looking for? Thanks in advance, attached pictures of what I know.

post-6609-0-75860400-1375492695_thumb.jpg

post-6609-0-51314100-1375492709_thumb.jpg

post-6609-0-86919900-1375492722_thumb.jpg

What model of bill acceptor do you have?  There is a setting on the coin mech (assuming its a Mars TRC-6800H), it is switch number 4 on the smaller switch bank when you drop down the upper part of the coin changer.  Flip that switch to the opposite of whatever it is currently set on, power down the machine and power back up, and see if that fixes the problem.  That switch is the type of interface for the bill acceptor. 

If this bill acceptor has been in the machine working for a long time, chances are there is another problem besides that switch.  Make sure that all your harnessing to the bill acceptor and changer is plugged in well.  Check the harnesses for cuts. 

Ok you vending machine sleuths! I have one for you....traded an old pair of sunglasses for an older pepsi machine.

I noticed the side pepsi graphics was placed over old ocean spray graphics. The machine blows ice cold, but the mars bill validator accepts bills and makes the accepted noise but doesn't credit the mars coin mech, and does not vend. When using coins, it vends fine. Noticed it didn't have any florescent bulbs in it..so I measured from end to end of the fixture ends at 32". S I assume F32T12 :huh: No one has that size! Maybe it isn't? Searched model number and can't find the right bulb size.

Side label of machine says model 01c 3246 MA. Vendo basic unit V312

Where can I get the bulbs and what size should I be looking for? Thanks in advance, attached pictures of what I know.

On the lamps, check the label on your ballast.  If it's not a range ballast (good for multiple sizes) it should tell you what lamp you're looking for.  I suspect you need an F30T12 - the standard code is F - fluorescent, the number is wattage, and T is the diameter in 1/8" increments.  Measuring the length works occasionally but often not.

Your lamp size is more likely 33".  I'm not aware of 32" being used in these machines.  The sizes of T12's I have in stock are 18", 20", 24", 30", 33", 36" and 48".  So you see that your closest lamp size to your measurement is 33".  Your validator problem may mean that you have a problem in the coin mech of it not accepting the credit from the bill validator, or the validator isn't sending out the pulse to the coin mech.  If you have another single price coin mech that will connect to your validator you should try swapping parts to see if the problem moves to the new device you try.   It doesn't sound like you know for sure if this problem existed before you got the machine, but I'll bet it did.  You can PM me if you need the lamps or a coin mech.  When you replace the lamps, be sure you also replace the starters.  They are FS4 starters, one per lamp.

What model of bill acceptor do you have?  There is a setting on the coin mech (assuming its a Mars TRC-6800H), it is switch number 4 on the smaller switch bank when you drop down the upper part of the coin changer.  Flip that switch to the opposite of whatever it is currently set on, power down the machine and power back up, and see if that fixes the problem.  That switch is the type of interface for the bill acceptor. 

If this bill acceptor has been in the machine working for a long time, chances are there is another problem besides that switch.  Make sure that all your harnessing to the bill acceptor and changer is plugged in well.  Check the harnesses for cuts.

Vendors tech, you were right, it's the trc 6800h, took your advice and swapped out a working coinco mech in to see if the mars validator credited that one...NO DICE! Same problem..it's not the coin mech, it's the mars bill Val not crediting the mech.

On the lamps, check the label on your ballast.  If it's not a range ballast (good for multiple sizes) it should tell you what lamp you're looking for.  I suspect you need an F30T12 - the standard code is F - fluorescent, the number is wattage, and T is the diameter in 1/8" increments.  Measuring the length works occasionally but often not.

Can't see the ballasts, they are in an enclosed area part of the inner door lamp end assembly.

Your lamp size is more likely 33".  I'm not aware of 32" being used in these machines.  The sizes of T12's I have in stock are 18", 20", 24", 30", 33", 36" and 48".  So you see that your closest lamp size to your measurement is 33".  Your validator problem may mean that you have a problem in the coin mech of it not accepting the credit from the bill validator, or the validator isn't sending out the pulse to the coin mech.  If you have another single price coin mech that will connect to your validator you should try swapping parts to see if the problem moves to the new device you try.   It doesn't sound like you know for sure if this problem existed before you got the machine, but I'll bet it did.  You can PM me if you need the lamps or a coin mech.  When you replace the lamps, be sure you also replace the starters.  They are FS4 starters, one per lamp.

Are the starters on the bulbs or on or near the ballasts. I've never had to change starters, just put bulbs in and they work.

It's probably 33" then..I didn't measure assuming the prongs are part of the measurement, thanks.

Switched the smaller bank switch number 4 to on, the validator didn't work at all! So that wasn't it, but thanks.

Switch number 4 is the interface, and most of the time if its on the wrong setting, it won't work at all, like what just happened.  However, some validators will take the bill but not give credit if that switch is on the wrong setting.  It sounds like you've tried everything that it would normally be.  I would say try the validator next.  The validator could very well be the problem, especially if its an older Mars VFM.  The validator harness could also be bad, but I would try the validator first.  I've got the newer MEI 2000 series validator for $135.  You also need the power harness and it will pug right into the harnessing you already have from there.  The power harness for the 2000 series is $9.95.  PM me if you are interested.

Archived