CandyGIrl Vending

candygirl

I only have one machine report, but I placed two others a week ago. They will be in next month's revenue report.

This is my first pull:

Family restaurant, single head gumballs: $27.00

:D:D:D

Plus, I didn't drop the globe, spill any gumballs, or pour quarters into the wrong bag:shock:

So excited that I babbled all day to friends and family about it, poor guys.

Barb

$27 is a very good pull, congratulations. Babble away! We get it. It's very exciting. I didn't tell anyone except my brother until I was doing it about 6 months because I didn't want any nay sayers to bring me down.

Cheers to you, Beth

• 3 weeks later...

This is my August pull, three machines out. I placed another one last week so I'll have four for next month.

Family restaurant, single head gumballs: $25

Medical Clinic, triple head PMM, GB M&I: $25.75

Bank, triple head PMM, GB, Skittles: $24

Once again my little gumball machine rules. I even collected a week early because we're going on vacation this week. PMM was the best seller in the triples, followed by gumballs.

This is interesting to me because the clinic has about 300 employees and the bank is a small branch with about ten employees and they did almost the same. But the account manager told me the bank has good foot traffic, and the machine is right along that path.

• 1 month later...

This is for September, four machines out:

Family restaurant, single head gumballs: $28

Medical Clinic, triple head PMM, GB, M&I: $25

Bank, triple head PMM, GB, Skittles: $18

Humane Society, single head gumballs: $26

Gumballs still going strong--

I switched RPs for M&I at the clinic because they were not moving, then talked to an employee and found out why--they were "not moving", as in stuck! They were all clumped together and taking quarters but not vending. My bad for not testing the machine when I serviced it.

Switched out M&I (wooden spoon sprayed with PAM and stirred this time) for Skittles at the bank. There is at least one M&I lover there, so I think I'll do better.

Just bought a brand new double head Beaver with stand and locking cash drawers for $140 on ebay, so I'm looking to place this soon. Slow and steady is my route.

I really enjoy servicing my accounts.

Barb

• 1 month later...

This is my October pull, reporting a little late--

Housing down, stock market down, candy machines down too!

Family restaurant, single head gumballs: $25

Medical Clinic, triple head PMM, Gumballs, M&I: $21.75

Bank, triple head PMM. Gumballs. RPs: $11.25

Humane Society, single head gumballs: $10

The family restaurant gumball machine is holding steady both customers and staff use it. The medical clinic is still pretty good considering it is in an alcove with a Buzz Bites machine and a full-line machine, however the gumball return was feeble--only two bucks of the total pull. I'm thinking of switching it out to Dentyne Ice.

The M&I's aren't doing so well at the bank. I'm giving them one more month. The account manager said some customers were asking for Hot Tamales so I'll try that next.

The Humane Society is quite a bit down from the initial $26 first pull, so I'll see November goes.

That's it for October. Now I've gotta finish eating the leftover Halloween candy from tonight :shock:

These are excellent numbers on small single heads, don't be afriad to try to upgrade them to doubles, with mixed toys, a candy, or even another gum (Watermelon, Cherry, other exotic flavor, etc.)  Try to make your $25 spots into $40 and $50.  That's a huge chunk of your business that will make the difference long term.  Start good habits now!!!!  :)

Congrats again on your solid starting numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

Up and down, that's my November pull. SInce some of my locations were low last month, everything was on a five week cycle this time.

Family restaurant, single head gumballs: $41.50 :shock:

Medical Clinic, triple head PMM, GB, RP: $8.50 :(

Bank, triple head PMM. GB, M&I: $15.75

Humane Society, single head gumballs: $21.75

Switched out Hot Tamales for the Mike & Ike's at the bank per request of the Acount Manager; we'll see how they do. As for the clinic, I'm gonna give the triple one more try by switching out M&I for the RPs. But my gumbals rule. I can't upgrade to a double in the restaurant because my machine is in a tiny space right by the door, and now there's a "Please Seat Yourself" sign next to it, but maybe the Humane Society...

Barb

Check out the J-stand that Northwestern makes. They only show a Quad, but I have a double, one up and one down. You might be able to have someone local make one from iron pipe that will screw into the single stand base.

It may allow you to put a double in the same space that the single sits.