How many machines did you first start with?

caserri

How many machines did you first start with?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. How many machines did you first start with?

• Just 1
    • 2 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • 11 to 20
    • I went all in!

I know this post was made in 2007, but I´m a new member. Well, seven months ago I started with 1 NW High Five  (With 2 Super 80 and 3 Super 60) and 3 Super 60. In this days I want to buy at least 3 NW Super 80. I´m going slow, but I like vending, so I hope to continue growing in this business.

Abdón

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did first purchase a Vendstar off of eBay, but almost immediately after the machine arrived I purchased a route with 19 machines, 14 in service at 13 locations, right at the end of September.  It also included a 20th machine that was damaged when somebody tried to break into it.

Since then I picked up a U-Turn, which I was going to place at my best location, but got kicked out before I could put it in.  Unfortunately it was a gravy location, and there was no gumball machine, so adding gumballs into the mix would have been great.

Instead I replaced one of my triples at a location where I had 2 triples placed.  After looking at the sales I don't think the number of heads is justified, so I may be changing up product, and pulling the triple, leaving just the U-Turn.

Even though I lost the one location, I gained 3 more good locations for triples.

I also snatched up 5 sticker machines, a Shootin' Hoops machine, I have an A&A with a Northwestern coin mech.  (Sold to me as a Northwestern machine.)  Which I cannot place, so I am not actually counting yet.  (And technically I should not be counting all 5 sticker machines as they are not all ready to be placed.)  I also have 3 Oaks on the way. 

And I just made an offer on 2 triples, and a single head locally, and have my sights on another single nearby.

I did lose out on 7 double head eagles recently, but it would have came with some medical machines, so I would have had to pay more then I actually wanted for them, and then turn around and sell the med machines.

If these purchases work out, I will slow down on the buying spree, see about getting some of these placed, then start relocating my bad locations.  I am currently trying to change out product.  (5 of my 7 under performing locations have plain M&M's instead of Peanut.  I am dumping the plain, and only selling Peanut.)  Hopefully changing product will have a positive change on at least some of these locations.

• 5 weeks later...

I started with 20 vendesign mint patty machines located, 9 unlocated, and 25 Vendesign NC3A's new in boxes. I am purchasing 25 used beavers in the next little bit. It is alot of machines to start with. I usually go at things all or none.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

We started with 25 or so Vendmasters Vline Doubles.  We bought them for $17.00 each.  Half of them were in rough condition.  Lots of refurbing.  Never again would I buy them in that rough of shape.  Unless this vending gig takes off making over $100K a year,  then I could quit my job and sip some Jim Beam and Diet Coke all day cleaning and painting them while Tina services the route.... ;D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started off buying 1 or 2 here and there on location, then he sold me his entire route of 18 machines.  I purchased another 18 machines in storage from him a few months later.

I then purchased a soda and snack machine location from another person,

as of now I have 4 sodas, 1 snack and 43 bulk machines on location.

I've got 5 of the Ultravends and I think they are really good machines.  I have not had anything go wrong with them so far.  Good luck with the locating.

Hillbilly

Well I just bought 9 northwestern super 80's from cardinal (I had 12 in mind but didn't want to wait a MONTH for NW to build and ship them to me, and end up missing half the damn summer, so I found cardinal and they had 9 in stock. So I took them all.)

They will all be 2" toy machines to start, and each one is going on it's own stand and in a separate location for now. The locations that do well, I'll talk to about expanding.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started(ing) with a USI combo II machine (located but losing money  :angry:) and 4 vendstar 3000 machines (3 located, other is garaged).  I am currently looking for a new location for the combo machine and the last vendstar unit.  Getting business cards made first and other business matters taking care of before I start searching though.  All together I've spent $2000 on just machines (had to repair compressor unit on USI).  I spent $300 filling USI machine for first time (most of cost was purchasing energy drinks) and will probably end up taking a $250 loss on it by the time I get to move it.

• 7 months later...

Started(ing) with a USI combo II machine (located but losing money  :angry:) and 4 vendstar 3000 machines (3 located, other is garaged).  I am currently looking for a new location for the combo machine and the last vendstar unit.  Getting business cards made first and other business matters taking care of before I start searching though.  All together I've spent $2000 on just machines (had to repair compressor unit on USI).  I spent $300 filling USI machine for first time (most of cost was purchasing energy drinks) and will probably end up taking a $250 loss on it by the time I get to move it.

Move it quick with that kind of loss! Find a service shop that will accomodate it.

Archived