River Bend Locators -Providing: Bulk, Rack, and Full Line Locations

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think River Bend Locators should be removed from the Locators store. I placed my order 15 days ago on Sept. 30th, for 1 single location, and have gotten nothing. People shouldn't have to have their money tied up in escrow for 30 days. I haven't seen ANYONE post that they have received a location from them in the past 2 weeks!

I think River Bend Locators should be removed from the Locators store. I placed my order 15 days ago on Sept. 30th, for 1 single location, and have gotten nothing. People shouldn't have to have their money tied up in escrow for 30 days. I haven't seen ANYONE post that they have received a location from them in the past 2 weeks!

See post #69 above.

The 30 day escrow period was put in place to allow for the "average" turn around time for the "average" locator to work. True, some may perform quicker than others but some take even longer. I've personally waited several months for paid locations so I figured 30 days would be fair to all involved in the transaction. It would not be fair to the locator to pull the rug out from under them 15 days into the job, especially if they have devoted time and resources to your order.

Our policy is 30 days and your money is safe. If you, or anyone else, can't give a locator at least 30 days to get you a location, you should not use locators.

On the other hand, you would be entitled to an immediate refund if they failed to contact you within 24 hours after placing your order. Have you been contacted by them at all?

there are so many complaints about River Bend on Vendiscuss, I dont know why they continue to allow them to be listed in the locators store. This will just cause more misery for people who sign up and have to have their money tied up in escrow for 30 days. I have used several locators and none have ever taken 30 days to locate one candy machine. TVF's reputation will be hurt by continuing to do business with them

I have used several locators and none have ever taken 30 days to locate one candy machine. TVF's reputation will be hurt by continuing to do business with them

Who are those locators you have used and do you still use them?

there are so many complaints about River Bend on Vendiscuss, I dont know why they continue to allow them to be listed in the locators store.

Since you obviously ignored my previous post that answered this exact question, I will reiterate...

SEE POST #69.

Am I the only one here who sees the value of allowing a locating company to publicly go down in flames for the benefit of others?

After only about a month of running this service I'm beginning to wonder if these locators are actually going out of business or if they are simply refusing to do business with TVF members due to their incredible lack of patience.

Both Kickstart and LRU have given me a location within a few days of ordering. I live in a city with thousands of businesses so it doesnt usually take too long to locate just one candy machine

Locators have many different customers that they work for.  The 30 day rule doesn't mean it will take them 30 days to obtain a location for you, in fact it may only take 30 minutes...I think what Caserri is trying to say here is that they have up to 30 days to complete your order.  If they fail to do so, then you'll get a refund and you can move on.  It wouldn't be fair if they are actively working on your order and you decide to request a refund.  30 days gives a reasonable time frame for all parties and gives them a limit before "times up."  In that case they are forced to schedule out everyone's order in a timely manor or else they will miss out on making money.

Locators have many different customers that they work for. The 30 day rule doesn't mean it will take them 30 days to obtain a location for you, in fact it may only take 30 minutes...I think what Caserri is trying to say here is that they have up to 30 days to complete your order. If they fail to do so, then you'll get a refund and you can move on. It wouldn't be fair if they are actively working on your order and you decide to request a refund. 30 days gives a reasonable time frame for all parties and gives them a limit before "times up." In that case they are forced to schedule out everyone's order in a timely manor or else they will miss out on making money.

Yes, What he said! Someone gets it!

Since you obviously ignored my previous post that answered this exact question, I will reiterate...

SEE POST #69.

Am I the only one here who sees the value of allowing a locating company to publicly go down in flames for the benefit of others?

After only about a month of running this service I'm beginning to wonder if these locators are actually going out of business or if they are simply refusing to do business with TVF members due to their incredible lack of patience.

I agree and disagree with this post.

People complaining after like 5 days is SILLY imo.

I waited over 1 month before making a negative post.

I just found this thread and started reading from the front and was impressed. As it continued I began too wonder 1st why people was nervous right away. and 2nd why are they [riverbend] not coming on and at least standing up for themselves. I believe we could all understand if they really got slammed and needed extra time. Also I don't have any money tied up with them, but I am sure that if I did I would be extra nervous right now. They [R B] had me wanting to use them but now I'll wait to see what happens. For you that have money and time tied up in this Good Luck.

No Nothing. Not even a, "hey we got your order, get to you shortly."Since oct 9 2013 the day I placed the order through paypal from riverbend.

Nothing positive or negative about this post. Jus keepin the Forum Informed. Daily!

By the way I was personally messaged by riverbend to check out this page and do business with them prior to me ever placing an order.

By the way I was personally messaged by riverbend to check out this page and do business with them prior to me ever placing an order.

I'm confused...Are you saying that they told you to order directly from their website, rather than on TVF?

there are so many complaints about River Bend on Vendiscuss, I dont know why they continue to allow them to be listed in the locators store. This will just cause more misery for people who sign up and have to have their money tied up in escrow for 30 days. I have used several locators and none have ever taken 30 days to locate one candy machine. TVF's reputation will be hurt by continuing to do business with them

Joshua, the Locators store has literally existed for less than a month.  And you are calling for them to be removed.  Riverbend's first post on this forum was less than 2 months ago.  It's not looking good for them, I'll give you that.  But I think C is right, the way forum members are so quick to start feeding off of each other and turn on locators - I can see why they would hesitate to be a part of this process.  

Historically the biggest problem with using locators in the past has always been getting ripped off. The escrow service eliminates that problem. Yes you've tied up your money for a month but at least is safe.

If you depend on locators you have to roll with the punches. It be great if they could knock stuff out in 3 days but this guy has a bunch of orders, if you are 154th down the list its gonna take some time. It would be nice if Riverbend would communicate better with their customers but they dont so thats the way it is.

There is an alternative all of this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ordered 7 locations from Riverbend back on September 18th.  The only time I got a status is when I inquired about my order.  Now Shawn will not return my emails and still no locations.  Does anyone know what state his business is based out of? He is obviously a fraud and now I plan to cripple him legally. 

I ordered 7 locations from Riverbend back on September 18th. The only time I got a status is when I inquired about my order. Now Shawn will not return my emails and still no locations. Does anyone know what state his business is based out of? He is obviously a fraud and now I plan to cripple him legally.

Your SOL on that one

Archived