Dixie Narco w/o key for $250

snowcatrm

If the lock is the type with the round key, it will be very easy to drill out.  There are 8 small pins which you can see if you look close - just use a very small drill bit on the pins, this takes about 15 minutes.  If the lock takes a flat bladed key you'll be in for a lot more drilling.

Either way, a new lock with key will run $10 for a basic lock to $25 for the high security type.

Don't mean to give away trade secrets, but anybody who's been in full line vending for more than two weeks knows how to do this.

And yes, stolen machines never have the keys so cover your butt.

Please understand not have the keys is a red flag that screams this machine may be stolen.

Please understand the very low price is a red flag that screams this machine may be stolen.

This is a 501E model clean and working should sell for 1000.00

Buy it if that is the kind of person you are.

Just be sure to get a bill of sale with the sellers signature and a photo of the seller and the machine.

Walta

If it is legit, is it worth it?

Definitely worth it - I've seen these go for as high as $1,200.  The likely scenario is the guy's had it siting around for awhile and can't remember where he left the key if it's legit.  If the guy's built like a linebacker and has several machines sitting around with a Tommy Lift truck in the driveway, you might be dealing with somebody who steals vending machines - they're out there

Understood. I am an honest person; I won't do anything that will bite me in the golpher later. I am a Top rated Powerseller on eBay and I know it pays to be upfront in honest in the long run.  I do appreciate everyone's concern. I wouldn't want to be out $250 if it is stolen. Check out Rmsnowcat on eBay, that is me :).

That does not look like a DN 501E to me I personally own 2 of them.  Did you take the pics yourself?  Are you sure that is what it really is?

Dixie put a lot of different doors on the 501e - I was looking at one yesterday that was a Coke machine,  looked just like a Royal wavefront.

CW at the end of the SN means it was built 3rd quarter of 2001. Don't think pepsi had any with a live displays.

You could take the SN and call D/N and ask them  who originally bought the machine. What happens a lot of times a business closes up and the vendor can never get a hold of the people or the property owners to retrieve the vendor. I saw this happen many times. Then the new owner just takes possession or it ends up at a auction.

At pepsi we lost hundreds of coolers and vendors that way.  

Clearly if the seller is thief he is incompliant thief.

As any complaint thief would have the machine open, the serial numbers removed and know the value of the equipment.

It has been my experience there is no such thing as a bargain.

If this guy bought this machine new and paid 3000.00 for it 10 years ago why would he sell it for 250.00  

He is not giving you the whole story.

I can read SIID on the serial plate. All the 9 select SIID I have seen where E models.

Walta

You can tell it's a DN E model by the size of the delivery port, the style of anti-theft device in the port, that it's 9 selections with late model live display buttons.  It has a Mars VN2500 validator and is a smokin' deal if it's legit.  Drill the lock cylinder out within the T-handle and then replace any damaged handle parts.

PM me if you don't have access to parts locally.

Both of my 501E machines look like this.

http://www.thomaspinballinc.com/index.php?productID=388

I thought all the 501E machines had buttons down the right side, but after further research on Google there appear to be several like the one in your pic. This one here

http://www.vendingmachinesworldwide.com/dixie-narco-501e-can-bottle-soda-vending-machine-dixie-501e.aspx

is going for almost 2k

For $250 I would definitely purchase if its legit.

Another thing that I just thought of . . . .  In my experience Pepsi & Coke machines are typically branded with Pepsi, Coke or some other flavor they actually sell.  Does Coke & Pepsi actually use machines that are just plain?

No, this machine would have never been bottler-owned, so there is truly no way to know who the owner might have been.  Asking DN who they sold it to will probably only get a distributor's name, so it really is just a situation of trust when one comes up for sale at a low price.

Dude just buy it. Take the lock off put your own get a small bill of sale to.protect ur A$$. When you open it if it has money in it its more than likely stolen. Id.buy at $250. You can also take those locks off with another method that doesnt require drilling

Dude just buy it. Take the lock off put your own get a small bill of sale to.protect ur A$$. When you open it if it has money in it its more than likely stolen. Id.buy at $250. You can also take those locks off with another method that doesnt require drilling

What method is that?

Dent pullers are only about 50% effective and then you have a real mess. It takes me about five minutes and I am 100% effective. Without a dent puller. Pepsi's full service high dollar locks in 90 sec but those are things I would never share on a open forum.

You newbies have no idea what vendors have went through in the past just because someone made a stupid comment. 

Salting was a nightmare for everyone in the business just because it was told in a magazine you could get free pop and money. Wasn't true but it did destroy millions of dollars of equipment.

Dent pullers also.  

Medco Abloy are good locks. I prefer Duo they are inexpensive and a bear to drill.

I always found it amusing Walmart for one always wanted lock covers and then they would put a cheap lock on it.

The best way I found to deter thieves was hockey pucks  on the upper and lower parts of the door. No lock cover and a Medeco Lock. Coke and 7-up wouldn't so their machines would get broken into.

These thieves want fast and easy........  When they see Medeco they just keep walking. That is the reason for no lock cover. That way you don't lose your lock. 

I really dont think iys a problem of getting your machines stolen. The ones.ive seen usually belong to.coke and I guess a business closed and they never went for them or they take them. There was a person who had a legit warehouse business and was selling machines I went they were like.new I could tell they belonged to Coke. They said theyve called.Coke for.over 16 months and they dont.pick.them.up. I.still passed. This machine is not a bottler owned machine. If it WAS Stolen it would.be from a private vendor. Its a good deal. Just protect yourself and make a small bill of sale. There is good deals on craigslist all the time. Some people just dont want a 1000 lb machine.in their garage.

Archived