Lektro Vend VS99

mariel

I have a snack machine, it's doesn't work, the control board and the power harness connector done short circuit, I just received the control board back, I sent it for repair, I couldn't sent the power harness connector because it obsolete.

I put the control board back at the machine, connect the power harness and all conectors, and it worked, but only few day.

I don't know what I missing, the control board its repaired. Do I have to repaired the power harness connector?. Do I need to change the fuses?.

I don't know what it the problem.

Please further explain what happened to your board and power harness.  Did any wires get burned?  How do you know it's the "power harness?"  Did you have a voltage spike or a lightning strike?  After you put the board back in the machine and it began working, what caused it to stop working - the same thing as before?  Why do you suspect the "power harness?"  Does the "power harness" come from the transformer?  Have you checked your fuses and tested them with an ohm meter?  Have you replaced the fuses yet? 

Answers to these questions will help us figure out the problem.

Does the logic board power up if you move this burned connection around?  It may intermittently make a connection.  If you don't get the board to power up by moving the connector around, your board might be bad again, but use a voltmeter to check for 24V AC across those two pins.  If you have the 24V then you should be able to wiggle the connector and get some contact on the board.  Make sure you pull the door switch plunger out so the machine will power up the transformer.

Do you have an electronics parts distributor locally that sells small electronic parts and connectors?  They might have a new connector you could use.  You would have to buy the connector, the pins that go in it and a tool to crimp the pins onto the wires.  If the metal pins in your connector are still good, you would only need the new white connector that the pins slide into.  You could then transfer the pins to the new connector. 

I have a power harness from a VS99 in my shop, but it has pins in different locations on the 3 pin connector you showed in your hand.  Mine does have some darkening on one end, but the pins look to be intact and functional.  My harness went from the front of the power supply to the door switch and then to the logic board, as per the wiring diagram for the machine.  My board connector is a three position connector like you show, but the wires are in positions 1 and 2 with 3 being a "key" and therefore it is blocked off.  The three position connector you show in your photo has wires in positions 1 and 3 with nothing in the number 2 postion, so I'm not sure why yours is different.  If you have a voltmeter, please measure the voltage across the two pins in your harness to see if you have 24V across the two pins.  You will have to pull the door switch out to complete the circuit to the connector.  Also unplug the connector on the front of the power supply and measure there for 24V as well.  Do you have a manual with a wiring diagram in it that shows this connector location on the logic board?  My manual shows the wires go to P8 on the logic board and the wires match my diagram. 

There have another way to upload pictures, I am having problems, I have more powrr harness pictures.

I do not have the wiring diagram manual.

Whatever way you uploaded the two photos before worked fine.  The way I use is when you are in the Reply box, click the button below it for More Reply Options, then scroll down to see where you can Browse your computer for photos you can then add to your post with the Attach This File button.

I see from your photos before the repair that you have bare pins soldered to your board for the 24V connector, not pins from a white base connector.  This is unusual.  I also see that your pins are separated by a gap and they are located at the top? of the board.  This is an indication of a very early VS99 machine, perhaps from 1985 or so.  The VS99's I've seen and the one I took the power harness off of have the 24V connector on the top right of the logic board and the two pins are right next to each other.  I also see some damage to the component to the right of your pins - did someone spill a liquid on top of your machine that then ran onto the board and burned it?  That looks like what probably happened.

You said you found a blown fuse.  Do you know if it was the fuse in the 24V circuit or the 110V circuit.  If 110V then your lights and bill validator wouldn't work, but the board would.  If 24V was blown then the board and display won't work but the lights will be on and the validator will run its powerup cycle.  If you have replaced the blown fuse is your machine now working?

I didn't modify the control board, I don't know if someone spill liquid in my machine.

The blown fuse was in the 24 V circuit.

I asked radio shack and they don't have the pins for the connector.

Do you think I should send back to repair the control board???

What do you think is the problem??

Anybody knows where can I find the pins connector.

Thanks.

You need to be more detailed with your information.  Please answer these questions - more information is better than less:

• Why did you send the board to be replaced the first time?
  • What parts are listed as used in the board repair?
  • After you installed the repaired board, did the machine work properly?
  • For how long?
  • What problems did you have when the repaired board stopped working?
  • Did the credit display stop working too?
  • Are either pins broken off the board now?
  • When you installed the repaired board, was there some heavy paper material behind it to prevent shorting the board against the door?
  • Before the board quit working the second time did the coin mech work properly?
  • How much money did the machine accept before the board quit the second time?

I sent to repair because the point where the power harness connector and control board pins were attached done short circuit.

When received back the control board, the machine worked properly for a few days (1-4), I don't know exactly how many days, works fine bill validator and coins too.

The machine stops working, credit display stops working , doesn't accept bills neither coins.

There not broken pins at the control board.

There are some heavy paper behind the control

There not money at the machine before stoped working again, maybe stoped working after we leaved the location.

As long as you used the same exact fuse (and it isn't blown again?) then the only advice I can give you is to send it back in for repair and plan on changing the coin mech at the same time.  The coin mech may be bad and causing the failure of the logic board.  Try a new coin mech before you send the board in again just in case that is the only problem. 

You might also just retire the machine and replace it.  This machine hasn't been in production since the 80's and you could put a much newer machine in it's place without spending too much.

Archived