Seaga V16s key pad and circuit parts

snowcatrm

I won a Seaga Vc16s combo machine on eBay for $99, which I donated to a local non-profit. They reported that the keypad didn't work, but I thought hell for $100 why not. We got it working, but are going to need a new keypad with circuit board very soon. My friend is making a homemade circuit board, but we are not even sure that will work. Where can we get a new pad and circuit for the machine?

What problem are you having with the keypad?  Are some buttons not responding?  Are they random buttons, changing all the time or do the same buttons give you trouble?  How did you get it working and what makes you think you will need to replace it?  You may not need the logic board as the keypad is separate and can be replaced by itself.  One fix I've found on the Seaga HF3500 keypad is to slightly loosen the nuts that hold the keypad in place.  If the nuts are too tight it can tweak the keypad and cause non-responding buttons.  Try that first and if you still have trouble I can send you a keypad.

The initial problem, I believe, was that the raised numbers on the pad were "sticking" in and he said they were in effect "shorting the board," and no buttons worked. So, it was like a button was stuck. I am not sure if it stopped working again or he broke it when he peeled the number pad off the plastic circuit board, but we need a new one. If you could send me one, that would be great. How do I go about ordering one from you?

Edited by snowcatrm

• 3 weeks later...

What problem are you having with the keypad?  Are some buttons not responding?  Are they random buttons, changing all the time or do the same buttons give you trouble?  How did you get it working and what makes you think you will need to replace it?  You may not need the logic board as the keypad is separate and can be replaced by itself.  One fix I've found on the Seaga HF3500 keypad is to slightly loosen the nuts that hold the keypad in place.  If the nuts are too tight it can tweak the keypad and cause non-responding buttons.  Try that first and if you still have trouble I can send you a keypad.

AzVendor  I just picked up a hf3500 and the keypad seems to do its own thing only a couple keys work.  I tried your trick to loosen it and no luck. if you have a keypad you would like to sell please let me know  thanks  Andrew 702 285 6052

• 6 years later...
On 9/17/2013 at 9:53 PM, AZVendor said:

Do you have a keypad for the vc16s? I just purchased one and that’s the only thing wrong with the whole machine