double double vending dixie 348-10 select

chris in bc

I have the same problem with a DN 368.  I'm not sure if it's an issue with the motor break or if something is out of alignment.  I don't think the little triangles have anything to do with it other than preventing cans from sliding out of position before they vend.

I am guessing it's just not properly aligned at the right position because the double-vend/no-vend is consistent.

We really need someone else to comment on this because I know this is a common problem with a simple fix but I have never fixed it myself!

I have a Dixie narco 348-10. The #10 column way down on the lonely bottom is double vending, and then giving nothing on the next vend. It is double vending and then giving nothing on the next vend.

Is this a sign of a motor failure?

it's the brake on the motor not stopping when it should.it may just need to be cleaned.

John

I have the same problem with a DN 368.  I'm not sure if it's an issue with the motor break or if something is out of alignment.  I don't think the little triangles have anything to do with it other than preventing cans from sliding out of position before they vend.

I am guessing it's just not properly aligned at the right position because the double-vend/no-vend is consistent.

We really need someone else to comment on this because I know this is a common problem with a simple fix but I have never fixed it myself!

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/17173-dixie-440/ try this

John

If the double vend, no vend, double vend, no vend occurs in this way repeatedly, then you have the rotor 180 degrees out of time.  The motor must have been removed and when it was reinstalled the rotor had rotated or was turned resulting in it being 180 deg. out.

If the double vend, no vend, double vend, no vend occurs in this way repeatedly, then you have the rotor 180 degrees out of time. The motor must have been removed and when it was reinstalled the rotor had rotated or was turned resulting in it being 180 deg. out.

Make sure you unplug the machine before removing the motors...110 is (ahem) shocking!

It is possible if you haven't changed the motor either the cam has come loose or the pin on the motor has sheared off and is wedged. Or the rotor has bent and isn't letting the first can drop until the second vend. 

If you empty the column and vend it with the switches sometimes you can hear the rotor scrape the sides or hear a groaning noise When it turns.

Archived