River Bend Locators Now Offering In Person Locating Services

River Bend Locators

Dear Forum members,

We are now offering in person locating for commissioned racks, singles, doubles, and triple charity locations. We are willing to travel almost anywhere within the U.S.

We do have a minimum order amount and require half down payment.

Please email us using our website customer contact form at www.riverbendlocators.com

Thank you,

Shawn

Owner

River Bend Locators

I have ordered 5 locations.  So far, it's been a frustrating experience. The website needs some professional work done to make it usable. I cannot navigate the site to pay for my location.  It's the worst payment system I have ever seen.  I will let you know how things work out.  I hope I can at least get some good locations for all the headaches I have endured.  

I have ordered 5 locations. So far, it's been a frustrating experience. The website needs some professional work done to make it usable. I cannot navigate the site to pay for my location. It's the worst payment system I have ever seen. I will let you know how things work out. I hope I can at least get some good locations for all the headaches I have endured.

Next time (if there is a next time) use our ordering system. It will save you those headaches and provide you protection against possible loss. (Not saying that's a concern of yours but just fyi)

Problem resolved. I believe Shawn will do everything he can to help his customers.  

He will.  That's the reason I believe this company will succeed.  Customer service is something that every vendor has desired, but no locator was willing to provide, until now.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to your site and tried to send you a couple of questions regarding your service. I filled out the "customer contact sheet" but there is no send button. There is also no contact numbers on your site.

Me to, plz River Bend answer your pms also

TVF Members,

On behalf of our company I wanted to thank those of you who have stated that you are happy with our communication. We are finding a lag in communication from PM's here on the forum. Please make sure to email us directly at riverbendlocators@gmail.com or support@riverbendlocators.com so that we can make sure we reply as fast as possible. 

We currently are experiencing a larger volume of order then what we have in the past. We typically strive for 7 days but we currently have over 300 orders pending and are doing our best to catch up to speed so that we can ensure you a 7 day turn around. For any vendors who currently have orders pending with us you should see some results soon as we are rotating daily on our clients accounts but please be patient and once we get these numbers reduced we can assure you that you will be seeing faster turn around times with our company.

Thanks

Shawn

River Bend Locators

Do you mind sharing your plan-of-action or at least a brief description of how you are protecting yourself against having too many orders pending?

Growing too quickly and taking on more business than can be handled in a timely fashion has caused the demise of more than a few locators.

Without some sort of plan in place, you will have a drop in service.

That will lead to customer complaints made public and demands for refunds.

And eventually a poor reputation.

This has played out over and over again.

I hope this doesn't happen to you....but, your comment regarding pending orders looked eerily familiar to posts made by locators who took on too much work too quickly in the past.

Regardless, I wish you the best in this endeavor.

This is the same mistake most locators make time and time again, They take on more than they can handle, their service suffers and vendors get angry.

Locators need to come up with a way to establish a maximum order amount they can handle and once thats reached refuse new orders. If you as a locator actually accomplished what your ad says you strive for, getting all locations done in 7 days, I think you would have alot of happy customers.

If it were me, I would stop taking orders until you are at the stated 7 day turn-around. That way you have happy customers. The ones turned away will know that you are busy and will be excited once you call them back to locate. They will also feel that they are getting the attention they deserve from your staff.

Just my two cents! 

Shawn,

If limiting the number of orders you accept at any given time is something you are interested in trying, let me know. I can limit availability of your products in the store so only a predetermined number of locations can be purchased. This may be a good idea if you become overwhelmed.

Plus, your customers can check availability before ordering.

Something to think about.

Still no response from River Bend, ive requested a refund

That's too bad.  At first they were excellent with communication.  Now, I've had the same experience, as I haven't heard anything for awhile too.  I'm sorry to hear that they let you down.

Riverbend. Taking the time to answer customer emails would only take a few seconds. 'We took on too many orders & were swamped but we are gonna get on your order asap and we'll make it up to you in the future'- Simple.

Now you have members complaining about no communication and asking for refunds. Not a smart way to start a vending locator business by burning vendors on a vending forum. Might want to re-assess.

...and so it begins....

I hate to say it but my order was placed on 9/20. Still not a single location has been found. I even accepted the fact that I wanted to expand to an area chalk full of non-chained restaurants and still nothing. In comparison, I placed an order with LRU, all three were placed and that's with some rejections by me thrown in there. Shawn seems like a good guy but when your competition is whipping you by a placed ratio of 3-0. Location found ratio of 6-0. You're in the fast lane heading to bankruptcy town.

Shawn is a very nice guy, but I'm done with Riverbend.  I ordered three locations when they started up and I had to reject about three locations they sent me because they were terrible.  I accepted two and am still waiting on the third.  The two I accepted I just serviced.  One is an Oak 450 double in a jewelry store that did $5.25 for the month....the second was a Vendstar triple in a hardware store.  I collected $1 from it total!  This is exactly what I was very persistent to them about from the start that I only wanted quality locations.  I actually ordered toy locations, but they had such a terrible time fulfilling those, that they needed more options, which led these candy stops.  Both locations are a miserable loss.

Wow $1? I've asked for a refund and didn't hear anything back. The good news? I used the online store here so after 30 days I'll get my money back. Proof positive this new system can save your butt when a locator goes down in flames.

Wow $1? I've asked for a refund and didn't hear anything back. The good news? I used the online store here so after 30 days I'll get my money back. Proof positive this new system can save your butt when a locator goes down in flames.

Yep, hopefully TVF store will help sort out the issues with locators.  LRU still owes me a location from several months ago and has ignored my emails, so if I ever do order more locations, it will be on here.

Archived