Obama's New Health Care Package

amc-vending

The American Medical Association has weighed in on Obama's new health care package.

The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.

The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.

Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.

Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!"

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it.

Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow.

The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter".

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.

Anesthesiologists thought the entire idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the golpher holes in Washington. 

Grow up.

I have had health care all my life that I paid for. My premiums have always been based what the insurance actuaries estimated my risk as and the cost of the healthcare itself. The cost of healthcare has always been based on what it takes to pay for my needs and ALL THE PARASITIC JERKS THAT DONT HAVE INSURANCE.  Everyone WILL eventually use the healthcare system, everyone should pay. My cost has always been inflated because of the freeloaders.

I will go further than that: everyone living here enjoys the great benefits this Country provides for its citizens. Today however we have a growing group of people that don't want to pay for anything. The plain truth is these folks have never lived in a country that had no paved roads, or no schools, no airports, undrinkable water, no santitary sewer system, no garbage collection, and plain don't "get" what a civilized nation really is.

If you don't like it here move to Somalia.

Grow up.

I have had health care all my life that I paid for. My premiums have always been based what the insurance actuaries estimated my risk as and the cost of the healthcare itself. The cost of healthcare has always been based on what it takes to pay for my needs and ALL THE PARASITIC JERKS THAT DONT HAVE INSURANCE. Everyone WILL eventually use the healthcare system, everyone should pay. My cost has always been inflated because of the freeloaders.

I will go further than that: everyone living here enjoys the great benefits this Country provides for its citizens. Today however we have a growing group of people that don't want to pay for anything. The plain truth is these folks have never lived in a country that had no paved roads, or no schools, no airports, undrinkable water, no santitary sewer system, no garbage collection, and plain don't "get" what a civilized nation really is.

If you don't like it here move to Somalia.

100% right. Here in the south there are tons of able body's on SSI. There is a county in Alabama where 65% of working age adults are on social security.

Don't blame the hard working, proud to show my country flag,  your kool-aid tasting bitter now.

Nothing was ever given to me!

Never did I stand in line for a single hand out after all these hurricanes blew threw here!

Never! Ever! claimed anything on my home insurance! I fixed it myself with money out of my pocket!

Been at the same job over thirty years!

I was cutting grass with a swing blade to pay for my own clothes to go to school with at the age of twelve! 

I can go on and on!

I think you should stop your crying and maybe move to Iran yourself!

I'm not afraid to say I'm from Louisiana!

Do you have health insurance for you and your family that you pay for? If so why don't you want the slackers to pay up? The Affordable Care Act is a financial responsibilty act that requires those who have not been responsible to pony up and pay up. Whats wrong with that? If you dont have health insurance then you are part of the problem and its time to pay up.

Do you have health insurance for you and your family that you pay for? If so why don't you want the slackers to pay up? The Affordable Care Act is a financial responsibilty act that requires those who have not been responsible to pony up and pay up. Whats wrong with that? If you dont have health insurance then you are part of the problem and its time to pay up.

The act still leaves millions not covered by any plan these people fall in the middle. So we still will be floating these folks. And with all the cost with Obama care it raises rates for the ones that do purchase insurance. Many companies are cutting coverage and high deductibles to plans.

My state passed a mandatory vehicle insurance law many years ago. Uninsured drivers were costing insured drivers a fortune in premiums because we, the insured, had to carry the risk of the uninsured. The law can be circumvented but its not easy because to get around it you are basically driving an unlicensed vehicle. My point is that when my state adopted mandatory vehicle insurance my premiums dropped by nearly 40%. I am not saying the same will happen with health insurance. I seriously question the logic of NOT requiring people to have health insurance because everyone will at some point need health care. Not making the parasites pay is plain stupid.

Well, this is a pointless argument isn't it? Time will tell. I think that the Republican party and its lackys are so worked up over this because they are scared to death it WILL work. If the Republican Party really had something constructive to say about health care they would have an alternative plan. The only plan the Republican Party has for this country is to oppose anyting the Democrats do.

I'm always fascinated by the fact that the angriest Americans, the ones who seldom say anything good about the state of this country, are always the ones telling other Americans, "If you don't like it here, why don't you leave".

If unhappiness is a sound basis for leaving the United States, why haven't THEY moved?

With all that griping, moaning, complaining, and anger, seems like THEY are the ones that don't like things around here.

Lol, this is the greatest country on earth but it is being destroyed by right wing malcontents. There Is not a nickels worth of difference between today's far right and yesterday's far left they represent the same anarchist mind set. Hippies and tea partiers are the same ego centric self important parasites.

"Well, this is a pointless argument isn't it? Time will tell. I think that the Republican party and its lackys are so worked up over this because they are scared to death it WILL work. If the Republican Party really had something constructive to say about health care they would have an alternative plan. The only plan the Republican Party has for this country is to oppose anyting the Democrats do."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea, I always thought the 'republicant's' were the party that supported business and Wall St. One of the most important, but overlooked, aspects of the health care program is to level the playing field for US companies versus the overseas competition. Boeing has been battling head to head with Airbus to sell planes, but included in the cost of every Boeing plane is the health care costs of all current and retired employees....while Airbus pays a big fat zero for the same costs.

"Well, this is a pointless argument isn't it? Time will tell. I think that the Republican party and its lackys are so worked up over this because they are scared to death it WILL work. If the Republican Party really had something constructive to say about health care they would have an alternative plan. The only plan the Republican Party has for this country is to oppose anyting the Democrats do."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea, I always thought the 'republicant's' were the party that supported business and Wall St. One of the most important, but overlooked, aspects of the health care program is to level the playing field for US companies versus the overseas competition. Boeing has been battling head to head with Airbus to sell planes, but included in the cost of every Boeing plane is the health care costs of all current and retired employees....while Airbus pays a big fat zero for the same costs.

Companies making goods on foreign soil is the result of bad choices made by the government over many years. Any way you spin it Obama care is bad. The new navigators were funded by Obama care but are not government employees. They only recieve 20 hours of training to navigate a law that is thousands of pages. They are basically hired off the street with no back ground checks in most states. And they have acess to all personal data to steal someone's identity. And the Obama care act has no penalties when it happens.

They only recieve 20 hours of training to navigate a law that is thousands of pages.

That's about 19hrs more than the people of congress spend on a law before deciding whether or not to vote in favor of it.

And of that one hour, 30min is spent chatting with lobbyists and the other 30min is spent cashing the check the lobbyist dropped off during the visit.

That's about 19hrs more than the people of congress spend on a law before deciding whether or not to vote in favor of it.

And of that one hour, 30min is spent chatting with lobbyists and the other 30min is spent cashing the check the lobbyist dropped off during the visit.

I agree and will add that IMO we have the worse law makers in history.

The thought that this new plan will some how force non payers to start to pay up is foolish. There is still free insurance programs. And there will be tax credits for low income. Both of these hurt the hard working mr tax payer. The problem with free programs is that their is no get off them. There are generations of people on free programs from food stamps to gov housing. And until we have a leader with balls that says hey we can't afford to do this anymore and starts to cut them off it will never end.

I will not be part of the plan either my insurance is better, costs a lot more too btw. That's not what this is about. This is about insurance for those that can't afford it and who can afford it but refuse to buy it. Both situations inflate my cost because I am paying for them through inflated medical costs as providers try to recoup the expense of freeloaders.

Funny thing is most of the plan was a republican idea advanced by the heritage foundation years ago.

Republicans have advanced no fact based arguments. The resistance is hate based. Which is why I who voted republican for many years have walked away from them.

Archived