Bill Changer for Location

MistaFrz

What model Rowe changer did you have on location?  Do you need to have a free-standing changer there and is it in lieu of putting validators in your machines?  I'm trying to help you avoid problems with a changer you might have trouble getting parts for, as it was made in Japan and sold by Seaga.

I'm wondering if this is a decent bill changer. I have a Rowe that I just had to pull because of the inconsistency the customers got in change. Here's the link to the ad. Let me know! I've heard Seaga isn't a great brand but wasn't sure about their bill changers.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/bfs/4080224122.html

The Rowe might be a dinosaur, I have several out, but they are incredibly reliable workhorses for that task. I would send it out to someplace like VE for cleaning and repair before I bought that.

The one I have is a BC-12. It was housed in this big black fixture about 6 feet tall that ended up coming out of it. Should be easy to mount it back in. It was working just fine and every time I've used it, it has giving correct change. However, the owner of the location it was on told me that a few of his colleagues didn't receive their change. I was also told on a few occasions it gave .25 - .50 cents more than the correct amount. I love the unit and it was hassle free for a long time. It's currently in my garage and I'm awaiting a final decision on what to do. Thanks guys, you all rock!

From your description any coin that someone was shorted was likely paid to the prior user. If not you would be seeing out of service light on and a error code on the board.

If you do not have any error codes the problem is likely the trap door on the dollar escrow bucket is not closing.

This machine has 3 escrow buckets .50, 1.00 and 5.00 the coins are counted in advance. When a one dollar bill is detected the dollar bucket is opened and the coins released. After the power is turned off to the bucket is should close and then the hoppers reload the bucket.

Often the trap doors will crack were they are bent at the factory this allows extra coins to fall out before the bucket is fired.

The best fix is to dissemble clean and replace any damaged parts.

Do not spray it with any cleaners wipe each part with denatured alcohol.

If the parts have been sprayed dissemble and soak in denatured alcohol repeat until the alcohol is clear.

The fast fix is to swap the wires for the dollar bucket with the wires for the 50 cent bucket. This works because the buckets are the same size and few BC12 had the coin option installed and the ones with the option see few coins.

Please note the 5.00 bucket is larger.

Walta

Archived