Another good buy?

It's not a terrible deal to buy all 3 (if they work 100%) for $1,000.  Those are probably 9300 series coin mechs and not "8300 series."  As long as those are all mars 2000 series validators, you can easily put these machines in some decent locations.  From my point of view, the National 145/146 are awesome to work on/repair/program, but 5-wides are a pain in the rear-end at small locations.  Some might feel like the AP-4000 is somehow better than the National 145/146 series but I completely disagree.  I do believe it's harder to find parts for the AP-4000/5000 than the National 145/146.

All in all, it's a lot cheaper than buying the same equipment from a distributor... I wouldn't buy them though simply because they are old equipment and I would rather spend $1,000 on a newer machine, but it's still not a bad deal.

All three of those machines are from the early 80's and are certainly usable.  I doubt they will have newer Mars validators in them as most people selling machines this old haven't put any good money into upgrades, so you will probably find they have VFM validators.  If you do get them you should plan on upgrading the validators at least.  My experience is that parts availability is about the same for any of them - getting slimmer as they get older.  These would be a good inexpensive way to expand into less than stellar accounts.

Went to LA to get new trailer and stopped off in Las Vegas to load it up with 4 national 167's and 3 National 168's. Total cost $8700

Brought back for a friend and now he is upgrading his equipment and selling me his vendors. AP 113's LCM's. 7 of them all with inone kits Conlux 5 and Conlux 3120 validators some have drop sensors for a song.......

post-7295-0-60618200-1380188906_thumb.jpg

Archived