another route

TKK

Spyder it makes $800-$1000 w 6 antares combos. The mechanical crap. Having the same 9 selections of snacks would bore me too. I replaced half of the product and sales hit $1200 last month. I guess they just need a change. So im sure w more variety, better machines with actual bill acceptors and cc readers it should make 2k?

I would sell the Antares for $3000 in a heartbeat and install your real machines.  Do as they ask with minimum inventories and then after 1 or two months of weak sales start changing stuff out.  If it's too much of a pain in the golpher you can always sell it.  It's a good stop for anyone and you will have good equipment in it so it should be easy to sell if you get tired of dicking around with it.

Maybe if you can sell those machines but you would need to check your COG and Cost to Service+those cc monthly fees against your investment and see how profitable it would be off your current sales not estimated.  I would flip it like moondog said.  They seem all over the place with requests next thing the owner will want frozen food and ice cream machines lol. Give it a try but if all is bad sell it.

Do you guys install a cc reader on all machines? Or.just in half? Like say you have 4 full size in same building? Should they all have cc readers? Would it make sence to have a set with 10c more for the pair with credit cards and one set without? So cash buyers can pay. 75 a can and cc buyers. 85? Of I could put 2 of the.usi combos that would be great as that would require only 2 cc readers. Im gonna do what az said. Try it for a.month. Then tell them its not selling, and that I have to go to regular Vending. They will be too tired to look for other vendors, and she said if healthy doesnt sell, then we will understand. I just wanna show them I was willing to try. This would be a great location with regular Vending. And yes I can sell the antares with Bill changers to a guy who wants them for $500 a piece.

Either way I already did good. I paid 3000 for.this made about 3500 gross 2000 net, and can sell the machines for 3k.

One thing to keep in mind on card readers is that it's not really cost effective to use them on a machine that doesn't have all prices over $1.  The higher the prices the more likely someone will use a card and the more cost effective it is to run the card reader due to the fees that are paid.

Additionally, here is a link to the Two Tier pricing information from USAT:  http://www.usatech.com/eport/eport_twotierpricing.php

Notice that you have to post all your prices at what you want to charge if they use credit cards, then the machine will allow a lower price if they use cash for a purchase.

I offered that but they said they rather just have them all raised which is better for me lol.I see.usat has some.nice readers for 199 the g8 looks unnecessary for me I dont see people with the waving cards anywhere

Their standard simple card reader is a very good one.  The nice thing about it is that it's a self-contained unit with no separate modem to mount inside the machine.  The $199 price has been the same for a couple of years now. 

What you don't want to do is have one machine with no card reader at a lower price.  Just tell them that if they want any card readers that the prices on all machines will be higher, otherwise no one will use the card equipped machines.

make sure you've factored all the fees into your pricing, you say they want a 5yr contract, does that keep their pricing fixed for five years? make sure you have a clause to allow yourself room to deal with increased pricing. 

if they want 100% healthy, forget it.

Let's keep in mind, that "healthy vending" is an oxymoron. Nothing coming out a box is healthy, per se. Still processed, high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, etc. Here is a list that I use for options, that are pseudo healthy..

1. Whole Grain Sun Chips
2. Stacys Pita Chips
3. Trail Mix
4. Nuts
5. Almonds
6. Nutri Grain Bars
7. Annies Organic Chips
8.Miss Vickies Chips
9.Baked Lays (less fat and oil)
10. Granola Bars
11. Yogurt Bars
12. Fiber One Bars
13. Cliff Energy Bars
14. Beef Jerky
15. Gold Fish
16. Kettle Chips

Everyone on here talks down to healthy vending, but it's sort of like social media. It's still in the first inning. We don't fully know whether it works or not, but what we do know is that healthy food is a massive growth market, and hasn't even hit parity with conventional food yet. To think healthy vending can't work is the wrong way to look at things. 10 years from now vending will be a totally different game. Give it a shot. I just sold a healthy account 4 days ago. It's not gonna make money over night. These types of things take time, and education. People are just now realizing that what you put in your body has a massive effect on your health. 

Archived