Alpine VT3000 Beverage Machine

spdydre

You can also use a baby Bevmax if you only need drinks in a narrow cabinet.  They can be hard to find but will be considerably cheaper than a new machine from USI.  Otherwise, if you feel the USI machine is worthwhile and will pay for itself, I can tell you it will work well and do the job for you.  Their machines are pretty good now.  The biggest issue I have with them is how they build their cooling systems.  They have been gluing the insulated panels that comprise the cooling system together so that when we have to replace a fan motor, unclog a drain hose recharge the system or replace a compressor, we can't get the units apart to work on them without destroying the sheet metal around the unit.  They also have fan connections behind the unit that you can't reach when putting the unit back into the machine after a repair.  I did a repair on a wide Alpine unit and could barely squeeze myself into the cabinet to reach the fan plug.  There is no way I could do it on the narrow cabinet.  Just food for thought.  USI machines may operate very well nowadays, but their engineering is still lacking in some major areas.

The baby Bevmax is the model 3800 and I think it may only be out in the Bev 4 series of machines.  It's 39" wide versus the regular cabinet that's 47" wide.  If space is not a problem then any Bevmax including the original Bevmax would work.  You can pick up Bevmax 1's for pretty good prices and then you don't have to worry about the reliability of any elevator delivery systems.

Archived