Finding big locations

TheLion

I am a new bulk candy vendor i started with a batch of 30 machines i had a locating company place them, i got some bad some good and some great locations, after that i picked up 10 which waren't doing to good and tried placing them my self i succeeded at small places but i want to now if anybody has a trick to placing machines in big corporate stores where they refer you to corporate, i been turned down every time i try i wonder how locating companys place machines in this type of places.

thanks 

Big corporations use mgmt companies like Pelican for bulk vending. Your locator has been getting these "big" companies because he slams (puts them in without permission) your machines. You can try talking to Area Manager or General Manager to see if you can place a machine in the employee break room if they don't let you put a rack near the exit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It's worth a shot to try First Choice Locators.  On their site, one of their big calling cards is their ability to get locations that most people assume can't be obtained like those big dept. store chains.  http://www.firstchoicelocators.com/

It's worth a shot.  If I used them I'd give them a call list for places like JC Penny, Lowe's, Kohls, etc.  Otherwise they'll probably work on easier to obtain locations first.  

There is some good reviews of 1st choice in the "Real Time Locator Reviews" thread that's pinned in this forum if you'd like more info. on them.

• 4 weeks later...

how much does first choice charge per location?

Last I checked, 50 bucks. More expensive than most, but what I like about their service is NO up front fee whatsoever and they offer a 60-day low performance guarantee. So unlike some locators you're not forced to guess what will be a good vs. poor location. You can try every location they send you and get a free replacement 59 days later if you're not satisfied.

Downside to all of that though is it sounds like First Choice's customer service runs a distant second to LRU on average.

Archived