Locators-R-Us or Kickstart-R-Us?

sherlock

Someone claims to have put in an order with Locator-R-Us recently only to have a location sent to them by Kickstart in response.

It's not unheard of that locators work together sometimes to help each other fill orders (one subcontracting to another).

Is that the case with LRU and Kickstart?

Does anyone with LRU care to explain how your customer's order was allegedly filled by KSL?

Your customer has stated he has no existing order with Kickstart, only with you.

I can only hope this is a big mix up. LRU has responded elsewhere that they are in no way affiliated with KS. Time will tell I suppose?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

I don't see how one company literally half way around the world from the other can fill another's order without some sort of arrangement, call it subcontracting if you want, but there still has to be some sort of arrangement.

I don't use locators so I really don't care, and I would venture most vendors wouldn't care as long as the orders get filled timely. Furthermore, I think there would be a great loss of trust and as a result orders if it was found that in responding to this question the companies in question lied and deceived their customers.

So lets just be above board and honest about this.

I would venture most vendors wouldn't care as long as the orders get filled timely.

I don't use locators much anymore either. I would still definitely care if the ones I did rely on had any kind of a connection with kick start or Rob!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

I don't use locators much anymore either. I would still definitely care if the ones I did rely on had any kind of a connection with kick start or Rob!

If you have used locators known around these vending circles, you have probably had locations found by Rob's staff/telemarketers to fill your order.

He's known to subcontract.

It's not so hard to believe or accept IMO.

Why can't locators help each other out just like some vendors help other vendors out from time to time?

If the subcontracted work is not costing you extra and orders are filled properly then it's win-win (or maybe win-win-win if we count the subcontracted locator).

It happens more than any of us would guess, I'm sure.

The only problem I see is if a locator is asked directly about subcontractors and/or affiliations and they are not honest with their replies.

THAT is more of a problem, not the actual subcontracting.

I couldn't care less who fills my order as long as it's filled.  I see nothing wrong with LRU sub-contracting work to Kickstart.  

If I pay a locator and they provide me a location - then whoever did the actual calling is irrelevant.  That being said, the one time I used Kickstart I was given two failed locations before the third was legit (1st time the location owner had no clue what I was talking about and 2nd time the owner said he agreed to hear more about it but made no promises and changed his mind).  So the only thing I'd caution LRU about (if true) is that by sub-contracting you're hitching your reputation to the actions of another locator.  

Someone claims to have put in an order with Locator-R-Us recently only to have a location sent to them by Kickstart in response.

It's not unheard of that locators work together sometimes to help each other fill orders (one subcontracting to another).

Is that the case with LRU and Kickstart?

Does anyone with LRU care to explain how your customer's order was allegedly filled by KSL?

Your customer has stated he has no existing order with Kickstart, only with you.

Hello All,

I would like again to make it clear that WE ARE NOT IN ANY WAY AFFILIATED WITH KICKSTART. We are not subcontracting to them or vice versa.

Few weeks ago, one of our customer is asking for a replacement for a location we didn't give him. He insisted that he got the location from us and even copy and paste the email which came from Kickstart. So you see, you vendors sometimes forget to organize which location came from who. You hired several locators that sometimes you forget who owes you locations, who's not and who give a certain locations. 

Now to the interesting part, I believed i read it here before that when someone gets a location from kickstart they have to login to their portal or whatever they called it to view their location information, based on the screenshot provided by the vendor, it seems that it came from a portal not in a regular email which we always do.

Assuming the vendor has previous order with KS that was not fulfilled yet and when he followed up on his order with us, and Amanda told him that she'll try to work on it this week and getting location from KS makes him more confused.The point is, we still owe the vendor a replacement, that's why we replied we will work on it this week.

Think again, why would a Philippine based locator subcon their work to KS when KS charge more than our minimum charge? Why would we accept work from KS when we ourselves already built our name in locating? Why would we work with KS when we have a reputation to keep? 

Take time to see screenshots, and judge for yourselves.

Screenshot from vendor from another forum.

gallery_3165_167_5954.jpg

gallery_3165_167_1219.jpg

Our email conversation with vendor.

gallery_3165_167_61988.jpg

Thanks a lot!

-Gale 

Can anybody in this forum who had previous order with KS can tell me how KS send you locations? is it from regular email like we do or you have to login to their portal? If its from regular email, why there's a Kickstart Header? please post a screenshot of the previous location email from KS. I want to know why this thing happened. I am more confuse than you guys are. Please.

-Gale

Think again, why would a Philippine based locator subcon their work to KS when KS charge more than our minimum charge?

Thanks a lot!

-Gale 

Your explanation that the vendor may have mistakenly forgotten an order location still due to them from KSL is very plausible.

However, your point about the improbability that LRU could/would subcontract their work to KSL only because KSL charges more per location than LRU is not valid.

Subcontract work is never done for retail price.

So what you charge your customers and what KSL charges their customers is irrelevant in the world of subcontracting.

Again...not saying your post is unreasonable.

Just pointing out that particular part of your post because it doesn't hold water.

Your explanation that the vendor may have mistakenly forgotten an order location still due to them from KSL is very plausible.

However, your point about the improbability that LRU could/would subcontract their work to KSL only because KSL charges more per location than LRU is not valid.

Subcontract work is never done for retail price.

So what you charge your customers and what KSL charges their customers is irrelevant in the world of subcontracting.

Again...not saying your post is unreasonable.

Just pointing out that particular part of your post because it doesn't hold water.

Thank you for pointing out the weak point in my argument Sherlock. But you see, I don't have much of an idea how subcontracting is done and how it is paid because LRU is not doing it.

Like what I have said in the other forum why would we will compromise our name and customers by subcontracting to KS or to any other locating company? I will not take that risk. I think of every locators as champions who will champion my business. And subcontracting will just give them edge to my business. In my world, sharing my customers through subcontracting is not an option. I'd rather tell them we can't to the job or refund them.

We would not compromise our reputation for money. We might not be the perfect locator, but we work with integrity.

Thanks!

-Gale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thank you for pointing out the weak point in my argument Sherlock. But you see, I don't have much of an idea how subcontracting is done and how it is paid because LRU is not doing it.

Like what I have said in the other forum why would we will compromise our name and customers by subcontracting to KS or to any other locating company? I will not take that risk. I think of every locators as champions who will champion my business. And subcontracting will just give them edge to my business. In my world, sharing my customers through subcontracting is not an option. I'd rather tell them we can't to the job or refund them.

We would not compromise our reputation for money. We might not be the perfect locator, but we work with integrity.

Thanks!

-Gale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

As with any business your customer list is one of your most valuable assets. I rather you tell me you are to busy for to locate for me that week or next then sub it out, then I can decide if I need to find another locator or I could wait till you have time to do the job. 

Only you can control your reputation and once you start subbing out work, you lose all control over the situation.

With all that been said, I believe the vendor might have been confused and thought you had subbed the job out to them (KS). when in fact you didn't.

And look forward to having you find some locations for me soon.

Well...the mystery remains unsolved.

Customer insists there has never been an order with Kickstart.

LRU insists there is no affiliation with KS.

Guess maybe we have to wait for Rob from KS to chime in and explain why he's sending out random free locations to random vendors.

I must say...it's awfully nice of him to do so. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Sherlock

This is off topic, but I placed an order to Locators-R-Us on Sunday, 11/17/2013 and have yet to receive a location information form. They usually send this out with hours or sometimes minutes after I place my order. I understand they are out of Cebu City, Philippines and may be wiped out. This issue needs to be addressed

since they are the primary bulk vendor locator on this site.

I am currently attempted to get my money back via PayPal.

Sherlock

This is off topic, but I placed an order to Locators-R-Us on Sunday, 11/17/2013 and have yet to receive a location information form. They usually send this out with hours or sometimes minutes after I place my order. I understand they are out of Cebu City, Philippines and may be wiped out. This issue needs to be addressed

So sorry to hear that you are having these problems.

But, frankly, speaking for myself, I don't see it as an "issue".

It's only been 2 days...and you placed the order knowing (hopefully) that they were in a state of recovery from a typhoon.

Although maybe it's normally hours or minutes before you get a reply when placing an order with LRU, it's unrealistic for any of us to expect business as usual from LRU given the circumstances with Haiyan.

Let's at least acknowledge the terrible issues they may be suffering even though most of us can not fully understand the magnitude of such a tragedy.

IMO, LRU deserves some patience right now.

But, it's your money and your business, take whatever action is right for you.

However, I do have to ask: Why didn't you use TVF's locator mediation service?

Sherlock

I have been away for a while from VenDiscuss and not up to date with everything on this site. Nevertheless, I assumed they would be out for a while and from what I see on the news, I don't see how they could exist anymore.

However, I have cancelled my dispute and will give them a few more days to respond.  Thanks for your input.

Sherlock

Hello,

I was surprised by the paypal dispute email earlier. I asked Amanda if we have you in our order list and she said no. Then i remember I must have missed giving you the form. Anyways, I emailed it to you today and you can use that for your future orders if you order via our website. Else, we have different form if you order via TVF. Which i also recommend you do for your next order for your peace of mind.

Please bear with us with the delay of responses and locations for this week as we have some employees who found out that some of their family in other places were hit by the typhoon so we are working slow. Amanda is sick lately as well, so I'm filling for her instead.

We are fine and safe, thank you all for your concerns and prayers.

-Gale

Sorry Gale

I have lost so much money online that I have become a little rough around the edges. I apoligize for not being more sympathetic. Me of all people should know better.

Thanks again.

Hi Gale, I'm very glad to read this! (That is, that you are not affiliated with KickStart… Personally, I had a negative experience with Rob "and his team;" however, I had a great experience with LRU, and I plan on ordering more locations.)

I have a screenshot of an old KIckStart location agreement… It came in an email from no reply@kickstartlocations.com - in other words, I did not have to login into a portal… Would you still like me to post it??

Can anybody in this forum who had previous order with KS can tell me how KS send you locations? is it from regular email like we do or you have to login to their portal? If its from regular email, why there's a Kickstart Header? please post a screenshot of the previous location email from KS. I want to know why this thing happened. I am more confuse than you guys are. Please.

-Gale

Archived