Mint Honor boxes

jlhcky

I am looking to add on an honor box route to a bulk route i currently have. I am looking at buying cardboard boxes from sheridan systems. I have attached the link. Has anyone used these before? I was wondering how many mints they hold and if its worth buying the plastic ones instead. Any help is appreciated

http://www.sheridansystems.com/Qstore/p000013.htm

Thanks

Jared

I have used a couple different sized boxes of theirs and have been very happy.

But, I have no experience with the acrylic boxes so I can not state which is better.

I don't know exactly what kind of mints you are referring too.

But, if you are talking about chocolate mint patties, the box in your link will easily hold a couple hundred.

I never run ONLY mints in my boxes so I can't say for sure.

But, I have put as many as 100 mints along with a mix of other product, so I know 200+ mints alone can be easily done with that box.

Canel's chiclet gum (they come wrapped a few chics to a pack) and blo-pops.

I don't use a lollipop insert for the blow pops.

I just use the box as pictured in your link so that I can also get other product in there.

Never had a problem.

Granted, I don't do a whole bunch of these...I just put them out here or there where my machines wouldn't work.

But, the mint patties are by far my best seller.

Although blo-pops are a pretty close 2nd...seems the blo-pops do better in businesses with many Hispanic clients.

Duds for me using this box:  laffy taffy and dum dum pops.

Thank your for all your help. Can you guys recommend a system that will allow easy tracking of how much candy you sell? Do you count or estimate? I am trying to develop a plan that is pretty accuratee so i can track theft rate.

Depending on the product, for soda and snacks I count for items like 1" caps, I just estimate

As far as tracking, I use quickbooks Pro

I, like Sherlock,  run some honor boxes along with my bulk route except that I have them in locations with bulk machines.  I have some cardboard and acrylic boxes.  Both have come from Sheridan.  The acrylic ones look much more professional but cost is way higher. By simply having a lock on it, my $ amount has increased.  I actually have some of the cardboard boxes extra if you are interested.

I buy small bite size candy bars, mints, tootsie pops, dum dums, etc.  I sell everything for .25.  I don't make a lot but I do make a little bit.  I take a pre-filled bag of 100 items in with me and pull everything that is left in the box.  That way, when I get home, I can see how much theft is there.  Seems to be working out pretty good.  A few times, the collections have been higher than what is supposed to be in there.

I use ventrak to track my locations, and plan my route. As far as counting, i take a digital food scale, and weigh the mints (100 weigh approx. 1430 grams) . I also take a few extra boxes in case i run across damaged/broken/stolen ones.

I am looking to add on an honor box route to a bulk route i currently have. I am looking at buying cardboard boxes from sheridan systems. I have attached the link. Has anyone used these before? I was wondering how many mints they hold and if its worth buying the plastic ones instead. Any help is appreciated

http://www.sheridansystems.com/Qstore/p000013.htm

Thanks

Jared

I have lots of those boxes, but have been using the tootsie roll inserts.  Never thought about putting in the mint candies in there.  I should try some locations with the mints, seems like Sherlock is having good luck with that one.

I ran 4 of my new tootsie roll locations yesterday 1st pull, time on location was 20 days - and pulled in right at 87.00.  Going to have to run them on a 14 day cycle, cause they was pretty well emptied out. so was very happy with those numbers

I currently run the acrylic honor boxes and use the York mint patties from Sams. They run at. .07 per piece and my price point in .35 each or 3 for $1. No complaints here. The way I service my route is that I have about 50 extra boxes that are prefilled with a 100 mints and then I go out and service each location by swaping out the box and bringing it home and counting the money, candy and wiping down box for the next day. On a good day I have done 70 locations and then gone home to count. Makes for a very long day. I use 4x6 index cards for each location to keep track of everything.

Make sure your charity knows you are using their stickers on honor boxes as opposed to bulk vending machines.

Some charities may not allow you to use honor boxes and/or some may require you to fill out different paperwork in order to do honor boxes rather than bulk vending machines.

Better you find out from the start than get an unpleasant surprise later.

Yes I use charity stickers on the ones I swap out. Doesn't bother me to send an extra 50-100 dollars per month to a charity. It is a tax write off. Also it doesn't matter too because I am expanding my route.

Archived