Is this a good deal on CB500-in Los Angeles CA

chris in bc

Those are very good machines.  If they are all clean and working 100%, and they are all identical to those in the picture, they are worth at least $1,000/each.  A distributor is probably going to sell those for $1,500+ per machine.

Is that canned Gatorades? Id offer him like 3000 for all 9 but they look like they may be limited

There's nothing wrong with starting with a very low offer but I think the guy would laugh in your face if you only offered $3,000.  I would start with at least $6,000 just so he knew I was serious.

Chris, that is a good price for those machines as they are versatile in cans and bottles, will fit through a standard doorway and are MDB.  Plan on having to clean them up and possible do some remedial work such as rebuild the validators, wash the cooling decks and perhaps replace some missing product doors and damaged T-handle cage nuts.  Let me know if you buy these and need any parts for them.

Very good vendors. Excellent price....... As with all USI the start components and capacitors are cheap. I refrain from using 3 in ones but they are better than going back to the original relays and capacitors. If it won't cool check them first. I would pay him the $500 a piece if they all work. If you hackel to much you may loose out. they will go fast.

They are hard to move...... Have to pick up from side because fronts and back are flimsy..

As always I recommend staying away from USI/FSI/Wittern, unless you have technical experience and know what you're doing.  Down the road, you are going to have problems that are going to be unexplainable with those machines.  They are notorious for it!  ;D

As always I recommend staying away from USI/FSI/Wittern, unless you have technical experience and know what you're doing.  Down the road, you are going to have problems that are going to be unexplainable with those machines.  They are notorious for it!  ;D

My experiences with USI haven't been anymore than with others. National Crane have there moments as well. I don't particularly care so much for USI control boards and programing but have found them to be as reliable as others.  Personally I like AP, D/N and Vendo 721's. 

I bought a BRAND new vendo live display 721 at the beginning of the summer-WOW so different than the coke 540, pepsi 630 and coke 840. For one, the vendo in WHSISPER quiet-can not hear a thing! Just a beautiful machine. Every time I go to this location I just stare at the machine and think WOW what a great machine. 6 year warranty on the compressor also. A wise investment!

I personally love the CB-500.  The CB-700 is an ENTIRELY different animal though and I don't recommend people buying those unless you have a MEGA-HIGH volume location and you want a USI machine.  However, of all of the machines I have, my #1 favorite is my Vendo 721.  The thing does it all without any fits.

Not sure of the exact number but the CB500 holds about 500 cans...... ;D

Imagine that.  You almost make it sound like a DN-501 holds about 501 cans, or that a VN-720 holds about 720 cans.  Perhaps you are implying that a DN-368 holds 368 cans while a Royal 650 holds 650 cans.

I can't believe Mission would be such a smart-golpher.  I would never be a smart-golpher on here. . .  or sarcastic.

The CB 500 holds 500- 355ml cans, 240- 20oz and 500 beer cans for those who vend beer! The 721 vendo live display holds 680 cans, 300- 20oz bottles and I am not sure how many 24 oz bottles. So the CB 500 has a width of 32 inches and holds 500 cans, the vendo live display holds 680 cans and a width of 40 inches. I also have a USI cb300, it is 21 inches wide and holds 3oo cans, no problems. This little unit fits in those tight spaces and makes money-I call these little CB 300s stocking stuffer$$$$$

I have 3 cb700 at high volume locations and they do very well. Sadly one of the CB700s came with a keypad and drop sensor that failed right out of the box-damn box!

They do not make the cb 700 anymore!

I'm glad.  I think USI should focus on the CB-300/500 as those machines are awesome.  The CB-700 just had too many issues that weren't terrible for the customer but... they were annoying for the vendor.

Really what issues? Ive had people tell me sometimes a dollar is taken and they dont receive anything yet all works. Can never find out what it is ive gotten calls on both my cb700s. Those 500s look dope! Id take all 9 for 500 each

Really what issues? Ive had people tell me sometimes a dollar is taken and they dont receive anything yet all works. Can never find out what it is ive gotten calls on both my cb700s. Those 500s look dope! Id take all 9 for 500 each

The hinges on the CB-700's get bent/worn from the weight of the door over time.  You have to lift up on the door and align the door properly to get the screw in properly.  Also, the nuts get out of place (from lifting up on the door and trying to constantly align it while slamming the door because it's so heavy) causing even MORE lifting/aligning.  It can be a workout just to get the thing shut when it's way out of alignment and the nut is worn out.

It's incredibly heavy and tough to move without a pallet jack.  I mean, it isn't JUST heavy.. it's big and awkward.  As for taking bills and not registering... that has nothing to do with the machine itself (usually) as it is just a bill-acceptor issue.

On one side (I believe it's the right side) of the machine, the drop tray is so close to the 1st 2 columns (front and back), sometimes your products will get stuck on the tray if there is anything sticky on the try OR the tray has somehow shifted further up (closer to the soda).  This can be a headache because the next bottle MIGHT knock the stuck one free causing customers to complain about not getting product (but not telling you about getting TWO of course).  You will test it out and see that everything works fine, until you test it again... and again.. and finally see the soda getting stuck.

Almost all issues are a result of the design of the machine itself and are mechanical problems rather than electrical.

What I do love is the small shelve that comes.out I always put a 32 pack on it helps fill faster

The newer model Royals have that along with all CB-300/500 models.  The newer model Vendos have something similar but it's a tray that is used both to hold the product in the column but can be used as a tray (as you need to put it down to insert product) to load product.  Dixie Narcos never had such a thing unless you counted the motor cover lol.

I have 3 CB 700s. 2 were brand new right out of the box, sadly both keypads and control boards failed right away. Then the one machine had a drop sensor disease....yip disease! The fine folks at USI sent their drop sensor and control board almost overnight and then the problem was solved. I have these beasts at grocery stores that vend some 700 plus cans a month-so they are Ok in my books. I did notice some sticky stuff on the chute but I unstickyed it with soap and water! My CB 500 is flawless, looks good with the live display! The new CB500 has digtal pricing! Cool!

LOCATION ALERT-grocery stores do VERY well$$$$$$$$$$

Archived