Mixing Gumballs & Super Balls? (Home Use)

casuall1

Going to pick up a RoadRunner spiral machine 5' which holds approx. 3,400 1" gumballs. However, while we like the size of the machine, that's a lot of gumballs for home use. So, I thought about putting in super balls or another items to help fill it up but worried about the safety of that especially considering the quality and country of manufacturing of many of those novelty balls. Any suggestions or other ideas?

Thanks!

Home use? Your family must like gumballs A LOT to warrant even a small machine. Even an A&A PO89 will hold a couple hundred, which you probably couldn't consume before they went stale and started getting hard and flaking apart. If you're going to have a gumball machine in your home, I'd look for something a lot smaller than the Roadrunner. That's a pretty massive machine with a ton of capacity. In a laundromat where gumballs sell pretty well for me, I might sell 150 gumballs per month. Somebody with a shopping mall location might be able to sell 400 per month. Honestly, how many gumballs per month do you think your family will consume. Most places sell them in boxes of 850 or more. Will you be able to consume that many before they go stale?

It’s more of a novelty than for functionality really. That’s why I was kindof I thought about mixing them. With kids coming and going, super balls are always fun but just not sure mixing is safe.

I thought the shelf life on them was about 2 years but more realistically 1/2 of that.

Bad idea.

Many of those bounce balls have an oily residue that they can leave behind.

That junk will get on your gumballs and then inside of you when you chew them.

Aside from the great points made by shepherdsflock, I'd only add this...

Why not just skip the machine purchase and support your local vendor?

Instead of buying a home machine, just pop in a quarter each time you pass a gumball machine.

That way, your family can get their gumball fix without having a bunch of stale product or dangerous ball/gumball mixes in your home.

Otherwise you will be throwing away a lot of money towards stale product OR dentist bills...if not both.

You can get a lot of 1 inch mixes that you could mix in that machine.

Capsules with toys , bouncy balls plastic balls, dice. You can go to any suppliers sites to find neat little items that would work, but do not mix gumballs into it. Very dangerous.

You can get a lot of 1 inch mixes that you could mix in that machine.

Capsules with toys , bouncy balls plastic balls, dice. You can go to any suppliers sites to find neat little items that would work, but do not mix gumballs into it. Very dangerous.

Would capsules/dice, etc...work on a spiral machine?

Going to pick up a RoadRunner spiral machine 5' which holds approx. 3,400 1" gumballs. However, while we like the size of the machine, that's a lot of gumballs for home use. So, I thought about putting in super balls or another items to help fill it up but worried about the safety of that especially considering the quality and country of manufacturing of many of those novelty balls. Any suggestions or other ideas?

Thanks!

Even though we test our super balls multiple times per shipment for various toxic substances, I still would advise against mixing them with gumballs. The oily residue is basically like a machine oil that prevents the balls from sticking together. I can not imagine that would be palatable for anyone.

Archived