Other vendor contracts

HeyHavok

Does anyone have experience overtaking accts that have contracts?

-It has an auto-renewable clause

-Their servicing is horrible

-Their machines break down all the time

-No comission has been paid in at least a year (contract states %15 per mo)

-Management company who signed is no longer present (5 yrs) + were bought out by a larger company.

They are literally fighting tooth and nail to keep the acct.

There is nothing you can do until the location disposes of the current vendor.  There are outs in every contract and a very simple non-conformance letter to the vendor or management company with a 7 or 10 day cure period is all it takes to dump them.  Any one of the issues of non-service, non-payment of commissions, non-response to machine breakdowns is grounds for termination of the contract.  However, you can't do it, the location has to.

Now if the location tells you that you can bring machines in you have every right to do so but, keep in mind that if the location won't play hardball with the vendor/management company and cancel their contract you could be forced to remove your machines. 

I never held a contract that I would hold an account to if they were bound and determined to bring someone else in.  Generally if you refuse to remove your machines the account can easily turn them to the wall.  Imagine how much money and time it would take to get a court order to prevent them from messing with your machines so you could ride out the contract.

There is nothing you can do until the location disposes of the current vendor.  There are outs in every contract and a very simple non-conformance letter to the vendor or management company with a 7 or 10 day cure period is all it takes to dump them.  Any one of the issues of non-service, non-payment of commissions, non-response to machine breakdowns is grounds for termination of the contract.  However, you can't do it, the location has to.

Now if the location tells you that you can bring machines in you have every right to do so but, keep in mind that if the location won't play hardball with the vendor/management company and cancel their contract you could be forced to remove your machines. 

I never held a contract that I would hold an account to if they were bound and determined to bring someone else in.  Generally if you refuse to remove your machines the account can easily turn them to the wall.  Imagine how much money and time it would take to get a court order to prevent them from messing with your machines so you could ride out the contract.

That about covers it, bottom line, the location has to grow a backbone and throw the guy out!

Archived