Honor - soda/pop refrigerator

mjwillyone

Friends,

Have any of you had good experience with an office building where you provided soda/pop but used a refrigerator rather than an actual machine?  The cost of a machine is so large that I wonder if (even if not everyone is honest) your net sales would be higher if you didn't use a coined machine.

Thanks!

Mike

Welcome to the forum!  You will find all kinds of valuable information here. 

If you're not going to actually be in the honor business, you don't want to mess with this unless you get the business to pay you up front for every item you place in their refrigerator (and don't let them pay you two weeks later).  The honor business is generally based in snacks and candy, as you probably know.  I doubt there are very many, if any, honor operators who have done it with soda because there still has to be a refrigerated device to store the product in and that means a larger investment than with honor snacks.  Why not instead skip the aggravation of honor vending and make a better investment in coin operated equipment, where your customer doesn't get a product unless they have paid for it?

There is a guy where I work that does this in our office building. Something like this probably works best if the refrigerator is stocked and monitored by an employee of the business. Workers are less likely to steal from a coworker who will see them stealing from them than they are from a refrigerator that doesn't belong to anyone at the business. If you don't personally work in the business you're talking about, I wouldn't do it.

How good is you used market where you are

Here I can get single price machines for 200 all day

Also never buy mechanical turn knob soda snack. Machines

They suck too bad

Gumball Machines are not included when I say mechanical turn knob machines

• 1 month later...

There is a guy where I work that does this in our office building. Something like this probably works best if the refrigerator is stocked and monitored by an employee of the business. Workers are less likely to steal from a coworker who will see them stealing from them than they are from a refrigerator that doesn't belong to anyone at the business. If you don't personally work in the business you're talking about, I wouldn't do it.

This reminds me of a constuction site I worked at for about two years. We were wiring a federal courthouse building at night. 

The general contractor had an old fridge in the construction office and they would stock it with coke and such and charge .50 cents with a coffee can on top of the fridge. 

One week at the weekly safety meeting the superintendent of the general contractor walks in and starts yelling that if people did not start putting money in the coffee can the fridge was going to disappear.(What I need to explain is once you signed in for your 10 hour shift you could not just walk in and out of the building. If you did not bring it with you at 12:30 a.m. you went without)

The next night one of the foreman tells me that there was $25 bucks in the can and no one took any drinks.

Archived