BevMax 2145 Product Hang Up

Maddog3632

Was wondering if anyone could give me some direction or thought on what products will hang up in my BevMax without the little plastic slides being added to help prevent hangups.  I am new to vending and will be installing this machine on location next week.  Planned product currently include 27 Plastic Soda/water Bottles, 9 Cans, and the next row will be mixed goods of 4 monster/amp, 2 juice, 3 other unknown at this time.

Also, if anyone has suggestions aside from the slides throw them my way!  Thanks.

I have a BevMax that is missing a few of the clear plastic stabilizers that help hold the product upright as it is released.  I am assuming that is what you are talking about when you say "slides".  The columns with the missing stabilizers don't seem to have any problems.  In general I would say that having a bunch of different gate shims and experimenting a lot will be your best bet and shims will solve most of your problems.  Anything super small in diameter (like red bull and some orange juices) will need a spacer that runs back all the length of the column.  They are real expensive when you buy the whole thing called a "red bul kit", but you can get the long plastic spacer alone for $4-$5 and that solved my bridging problem with Tropicana orange juice.  The only other weird thing that happens with mine is that occasionally, the pusher gets jammed against a cross support in a certain column when you load if fully.  Then when the first bottle vends in that column, without the pusher pushing, sometimes I get a tipped bottle in that column.  Now I just load that one 8 deep and try to notice when a pusher resists going 9 deep.

I have a BevMax that is missing a few of the clear plastic stabilizers that help hold the product upright as it is released.  I am assuming that is what you are talking about when you say "slides".  The columns with the missing stabilizers don't seem to have any problems.  In general I would say that having a bunch of different gate shims and experimenting a lot will be your best bet and shims will solve most of your problems.  Anything super small in diameter (like red bull and some orange juices) will need a spacer that runs back all the length of the column.  They are real expensive when you buy the whole thing called a "red bul kit", but you can get the long plastic spacer alone for $4-$5 and that solved my bridging problem with Tropicana orange juice.  The only other weird thing that happens with mine is that occasionally, the pusher gets jammed against a cross support in a certain column when you load if fully.  Then when the first bottle vends in that column, without the pusher pushing, sometimes I get a tipped bottle in that column.  Now I just load that one 8 deep and try to notice when a pusher resists going 9 deep.

Try using some food grade silicon on your pushers - had the same problem with a Royal Vision and found that the pushers needed lubrication so they'd slide properly

The diving boards are used on the second, third and fourth shelves (if needed) to help prevent taller products like 20 oz bottles from tipping against the glass and sitting on the edge of the shelf, stuck there.  The diving boards help deflect the bottom of the bottles away from the shelves and toward the glass lessening the possibility of the bottom catching on a lower shelf.  The diving boards are always installed on the second and third shelves but will commonly get broken off and need to be periodically replaced.  There is a short diving board for the 2nd shelf and a longer one for the 3rd shelf.  They snap onto the bottom of the column slides, then the slides are snapped onto the shelves.

Were you going to call me for information on this machine?

Yes, I tried twice today.  Was going to see about ordering said diving boards and how/when they are needed and I wanted to order a red bull kit for one of the slides.

Currently my plans are to run 20oz bottles on the bottom 3 rows and cans on row 4 and random stuff like monster/amp/juice/etc on the top shelf.  I know there is some information that says no carbonation on rows 4 and 5 but I have a problem with not being able to fit 20 oz bottles in row 4 and so it pretty much relegates me to cans or something shorter.

Thoughts.

I'm sorry if I missed your call today, but I get a lot of calls in a day so you should always leave me a voice mail.  Any calls I miss that don't leave messages I normally assume are from telemarketers of some kind, so I don't generally call them back. 

I have never had a problem with 12 oz cans on the top shelf, regardless of what others have said here, as the recovery unit (delivery bin) is designed to break the impact of products so they aren't damaged when falling.  You will also find that products taller than 12 oz cans won't fit well on the top shelf because the angle of the shelf makes the space shorter as you fill the shelf, giving you less capacity.  Any of the lower 4 shelves will accommodate your taller products.   Each product you use will require attention to the use of proper spacers to ensure you get positive vends and no double vends.  I have all the spacers in stock as well as the Red Bull kit.  If you have any existing shims in the machine make a list of them by their part numbers on the back, along with how many products of each size you will be using, and I can determine how many other spacers you might need. 

Do you already have tall gates (more than 3" tall) and do your product slides in each column have a spring-loaded pusher on each one?  These are the primary updates that all Bevmax's need.  Your product slides should all be clean and white and your vend sensor should also be operational so that you can guarantee each customer will either get their product or their money back.  The vend sensor is my favorite feature of the machine as people will be tempted to shake and rock the machine if they lose their money.

Yes, this machine is updated with tall gates and the slides to push product.  As for shims, I tested the machine today with 20 oz bottle and did not shim any of them they appeared to work great.   As for the top shelf not having enough height this is not the case in my machine, actually it is the second from the top that does not have room.  Is this an adjustment or is it just the model that I have?  Thanks much for your help.

I have 2 of these machines, one 5594 (240v version of the 5591), and one of the old ECC machines (prior to DN takeover) (commonly referred to as a 2145). The 5594 has diving boards installed and, to date, I have only had 1 product hang up. This was on shelf 2 from memory with the short diving board, and vending a 600ml (20oz) Gatorade. <added> Just remembered there was another one with a 500ml bottle that decided it was in a pachinko machine - bounced around a few times before jamming in between shelf 3 and the door - came from the far right top shelf - not repeated since </added> The product didn't quite slide far enough on the diving board to drop before leaning forwards (that is the idea of the diving boards - to allow the bottle to either slide far enough forward to be near vertical when it starts to drop and/or to bend if the bottle does tilt to the glass before starting to drop). The shelf heights on this machine are pre set (the shelf locations are all set by the factory single strip shelf mount that fits down each side of the machine)

The ECC machine is a a hack job that has had the shelf positions modified - the shelf locator strips were cut into short lengths and screwed to the side, then moved by a previous owner multiple times. It also has a mixture of tall and short gates, with the short gates not having product pushers.

Having said all that, both machines require correct shimming. You can get away with wrong shims for a product to a point eg the can shims will also work for powerade and 99% of the time gatorade, but when the machine is rocked can shims will allow bottles to pass the shim and/or lean forward over the top of the shim. I know I can vend cans 1 or 2 deep with no shims, but also know if you load 8 or 9 cans deep the weight will push multiple products through.

You probably already have shims installed and don't recognise them as such. (They are the white plastic pieces on the right of each facing, and just clip into place)

As for your spacings, I don't think that is proper - I would take a guess that someone has moved the rear of the top shelf down (or possibly the entire top shelf). Are the top and second shelf still parallel or does the gap close towards the rear of the machine?

Falls, thanks for the response.  I am aware of the shims and I have removed all of them so that I may set it up for my configuration.  As for the top shelf and the one directly below it, they run parallel to each other and there is no sign of modification.  

Do you have to shim the 20oz pepsi and/or coke products or can you run without them?  I loaded yesterday and did not run into any issues.  As for the cans, I have the can shims and understand they are completely necessary to not misvend additional products when loaded.

Do you always run diving boards on the second and third shelves?

Thanks.

I've never seen one of these with more room at the top shelf than at the second shelf.  Someone has probably jacked around with it.  I wouldn't change anything if you get positive vending all around.  Just put your 12 oz cans on the second shelf and whatever else will fit on the top.  I misspoke before and the diving boards are a must on the third and fourth shelves.  Use the 801.813.620 shims for cans (about 1/4" thick) and for 16 oz water bottles, 16 oz Monster, etc., basically anything with the diameter of a 12 oz can and with straight sides will use that shim.  If that makes a selection too tight then use the 801.813.630 shim that is slightly thinner and made primarily for taller/thinner 16 oz juice bottles.  For 20 oz soda bottles, use the 801.812.690 shim only if needed to keep the bottles from rocking too much side to side.  The idea is to have the products be loose in the front of the gates, but not so loose that they move around.  There are probably 15 to 20 different spacers made for this machine and it can be trial and error to get the right one to work with your products.

Archived