Baby themed vending... anyone have info on this?

engineer1984

I am spending time with my sister this weekend and she has a 16 month old baby.  After hearing about the prices for clothing and such, I thought 'why isn't there an exchange for baby clothes?'  Well, I started looking on the internet and one thing led to another and I came across baby supplies vending machines.

Check these out:

http://www.nannycaddy.com/index.html

http://happybabyvending.com/

They are both expanding and it seems like the market is open.  Who knows how much these companies are profiting / not profiting..

Anybody with experience in this area?

Cheers,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

From the research I have done on happy baby vending they are fairly new and I believe that they are students who created the company they have partnership opportunities on their website. I can't find profit margins anywhere or if anyone besides the company owns one. It is a good idea though maybe to put in a mall.

I like the concept, but those two companies look like they will make all the money and you just get by.

I agree just buy a machine and theme it yourself in a mall or Dr. office or such where a lot of little ones congregate. 

• 1 month later...

I talked to some owners of one of these a few years back. They had it located at a local mall and was looking to sell because they were moving out of town. Most of their sales were off the eport (cc reader) and verifiable. The mall charged them about $25.00 in commission per month. Their monthly sales were averaging @ $200.00 ...yes MONTHLY sales. 

They were asking $4,000.00 for the machine/location, inventory and coinmech money. 

My guess is 4,000 is about what they paid for the bizop , possibly more.

Needles to say i took a pass on this "opportunity"

Hi, I originally joined this forum with a similar idea, not product.

I think too much competition from "corner pharms" like CVS/Walgreens kills you right off the bat. Also, you would have to find locations where people can't get to baby supplies, a mall would have a baby store. Try museums, theme parks, movie theaters, but be warned most parents can judge their kids habits and those captive audience places you find that are left will have full line vending contracts because they are captive and can ask their vendors for anything in a vending machine. You may even tip your hand and give them the idea. Near as I can tell....

Archived