10 grand vs 50 grand what would you do

CJvending

Not gonna be making the same net when the machine starts self-destructing, jamming up and people figure out they can get free vends.

Yes, but in your previous post you were talking about ROI. FJ was simply pointing out that the argument you used to tell shepherd a double has a quicker ROI can also be applied to the vendstars for an even quicker ROI.

No doubt the doubles and racks will last longer - that's not even a question. But for a person with very limited means, the vendstars are an excellent way to get the quarters flowing.

How can it be cost effective to build a route of unreliable machines that break all the time and are easy to get free product from? You will spend more time and money buying and replacing parts, product and locations erasing any initial cost benefit, You may get lucky at a few locations but its been my experience that when you start to have these out in larger numbers the law of the vendstar will catch up to you.

Getting quarters flowing is good but keeping them flowing is better.

How can it be cost effective to build a route of unreliable machines that break all the time and are easy to get free product from? You will spend more time and money buying and replacing parts, product and locations erasing any initial cost benefit, You may get lucky at a few locations but its been my experience that when you start to have these out in larger numbers the law of the vendstar will catch up to you.

Getting quarters flowing is good but keeping them flowing is better.

You've mentioned this now three times that they break constantly and are easy to get free vends from. I've never had either of those issues - perhaps I'm just lucky or the demographics are different in the area I live but I haven't experienced those problems. And I'm sure you're about to reply with "you will" but the reality is no I won't because I'm in the process of replacing my vendstars with better quality equipment over the next 7 months.

All that being said, nobody has suggested it's a good idea to get vendstars out in large numbers for a long time - just enough (and long enough) to get the route cash positive. Then you can replace with better quality machines for the long haul.

Archived