Company name on vending machines

Lake Cities Vending

I have noticed the same thing.  Even in "big" locations like walmart and hooters.

I couldn't figure out why, because it's required by law, plus even the ones that do have their sticker, they don't have their sales permit number which is also required by law.

Is that why people don't do it?  They don't want to deal with refunds/taxes/getting booted?:huh:

I have noticed the same thing. Even in "big" locations like walmart and hooters.

I couldn't figure out why, because it's required by law, plus even the ones that do have their sticker, they don't have their sales permit number which is also required by law.

Is that why people don't do it? They don't want to deal with refunds/taxes/getting booted?:huh:

Are you in FL that's the only place I know of where required by law.

I used to put a "For Service Call" sticker on every machine I had.  This ended many years ago.  I was tired of getting "crank" calls from stupid kids at all times of the day & night!  Now I just make sure the owner or manager of the location have my contact number for any service issues.

I have my stickers [tax and contact info]. Only calls I get is from my locations letting me know there out of something or its broken. Saves me down time if it is between service. In my opinion it is a very valuable piece of info to have on a machine. So far [knock on wood] have not had any crank calls yet.

I get very upset when I see machines that don't have tax stamps on them, in the states that require them,. Ibelieve that if your going to do business then do it by the regulations of your state.

Google Voice - Works great, just like a PO box. You can put service number on machine but not have it forward to your phone. Instead read the voice message transcript online once a week and its free.

Great idea. I need to look into this.

Are you in FL that's the only place I know of where required by law.

I'm in Idaho.

On the vending webpage it says sales permit number is required to be displayed on the machine at all times.  And for amusement games, you're required to have a decal that expires every year that has a pre blank spot for company name + phone number etc.

I've seen the decals before (and if you have a decal on a prize machine you don't have to pay sales tax) but I haven't seen it ever filled out before, and I've never seen a phone number on other machines (like a competitor's cotton candy machine, which is required).

I put my phone number, sales permit number, etc.  But sort of fill stupid/silly/weird because I'm the only one (and everywhere I go I look for them).

I'm in Idaho.

On the vending webpage it says sales permit number is required to be displayed on the machine at all times. And for amusement games, you're required to have a decal that expires every year that has a pre blank spot for company name + phone number etc.

I've seen the decals before (and if you have a decal on a prize machine you don't have to pay sales tax) but I haven't seen it ever filled out before, and I've never seen a phone number on other machines (like a competitor's cotton candy machine, which is required).

I put my phone number, sales permit number, etc. But sort of fill stupid/silly/weird because I'm the only one (and everywhere I go I look for them).

So am I reading that right? If I put my name and info on the machine I'm free of paying sales tax.

I think it's important to leave your contact info on your machines because:

1) Locations can contact you when your machine is low on product or is out of order

2) Locations can contact you when they are going out of business

3) Business owners can call you & ask you to put a machine in their location

4) Contact info on your machine can help prove ownership to a property manager when retrieving equipment from a closed location

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free

I think it's important to leave your contact info on your machines because:

1) Locations can contact you when your machine is low on product or is out of order

2) Locations can contact you when they are going out of business

3) Business owners can call you & ask you to put a machine in their location

4) Contact info on your machine can help prove ownership to a property manager when retrieving equipment from a closed location

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free

I agree with dkochan. I have saved several locations by having a contact phone number on my machine. I like the idea of Google - Voice that someone recommended. Can anyone recommend a telephone service that offers live answering service? I see alot of them on the internet so i have to wonder which are really worth it. I lost a chain of laundromats because i couldn't reply to the owner quicker about service concerns.

I used to use kall8 (even mentioned it before on another thread) worked great and cheap for a toll free number. Now I use Google voice like Make Cents mentioned. Totally free, separate number that can ring to any phone you want.

I also use Google voice which rings my cell phone. Caller ID tells me the call is to the Google number, and there's a time setting so calls to my Google voice number only ring between 9am and 8pm (whatever you want) - outside that Window it goes to voice mail.

So am I reading that right? If I put my name and info on the machine I'm free of paying sales tax.

No sales tax, but you do have to pay a yearly "decal fee."  That is ONLY for "amusement" games (decal fee is $42 per machine per year, decals are transferable)

For candy/food/products you do NOT pay a decal fee, must create your own decal with name + sales permit number AND pay sales tax.

Archived