Anyone have experience with these locations?

AngryChris

I talked to a potential customer recently.  They have about 3 locations that are like doctor's offices.  They want a combo machine in each of their lobbies/common-areas where the employees AND patients have access to the soda.

For example, 3 offices have about 20 employees but the machines are either located IN the waiting area or they are walking distance from the waiting area.

From my experience, a doctor's office can often generate about $1.50/person in sales (from can and snack COMBINED).  I feel like these locations COULD generate as much as $30/week in sales (each) but we all know how it is when you HAVE to buy combo machines just to get a location.

As a side note, getting these locations would also set me up for a larger doctor's office with some 40+ employees/staff and a huge lobby (I saw probably 7 patients sitting in the lobby and the place really had a lot of traffic).  I expect this location to easily gross $50+/week (if not a lot more) out of a regular snack and can machine.  There's also another location affiliated with these as well.

So the question is... do any of you guys have experience with these?  I have done many doctor's offices and the sales usually aren't too great just because there aren't that many employees on-site and the machines are usually in a break-room for employees only.  I don't expect much sales out of the patients but my contact told me that many patients often wait for well over an hour.

I would probably only need to invest in 1 combo machine in order to get every location as I have enough equipment to take on this whole thing.

The only customers I have that have serviced locations like these were using USI combo machines.  The CB300 slaved to either a GF12 or GF15.  Because they were in the waiting rooms they did pretty well.  They had to service them every other week.  If you already have machines to put in then I would give it a go and see how they do.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Does anyone have any experience with locations like these?  Anyone at all?

I've found that if there are people waiting around, they should use them.  Knowing if the offices cater to children , older people ( won't consume as much), or adults helps you get an idea.  Sometimes just 2 employees (that love snacks) will make a big difference in your sales.

I have one location that is similar, I use a National 474 for.  It isn't quite a "doctor's office" but rather a small outpatient surgery center.  The machine is used primarily by families waiting on loved-ones in surgery.  There is a small amount of staff who uses it, but they usually have plenty of food provided by the corporation anyway.  It does about $130-140/month gross on average.  

Thanks everyone.  I think these locations could be very profitable for what I would install.  It shouldn't cost me too much since I have had several spare combo machines in storage.  I would rather have them making money than not!

Thanks everyone.  I think these locations could be very profitable for what I would install.  It shouldn't cost me too much since I have had several spare combo machines in storage.  I would rather have them making money than not!

We spoke about those machines last week.  Let me know if you want to upgrade the validator in your BC6 or replace that inner door seal.

We spoke about those machines last week.  Let me know if you want to upgrade the validator in your BC6 or replace that inner door seal.

I have seriously considered cleaning that machine up and making it work great.  I will have to talk to the contact tomorrow and see if they would be willing to go with a stand-alone pop machine at one location.  I don't think any combo machine will fit in it anyway.

Archived