what method do you use...?

TKK

I like to go into the location, and check what I need, then load up this aluminum cart that the handles come out then lug to the machines. I can put 20 cases of soda or like 10 and then a big plastic container for snacks. I see most people just lug in all snacks and sodas seems crazy. What do you guys use and what do you use? Pics of dollies?

We go to the machine, write down what we need(6 snickers, 10 m&m, 8 Lays, etc.) put them in a storage tub to carry to machine. That way you need to only handle any product once. If there is a soda machine also, write down what it needs. Depending on volume of your account, you can load on a two wheel dolly to take to machine. If it is high volume account you may want to get a Magliner Gemini dolly. It will fold out to a platform 4wheel dolly.

cvending mentioned the Magliner Gemini dolly.  That is what we used with our 14' Isuzu box trucks.  We could get 20+ cases of soda on one by alternating the stacks then we used milk crates for snacks.  The crates were loaded bottom to top so we could fill the machines from top to bottom.  The Gemini is aluminum and steel and can stand upright or be folded out flat like a cart.  You can find knockoffs at local stores.

This was back in the day when handhelds were too expensive and no one had remote monitoring yet or did much pre-kitting.  We went in empty handed and inventoried all machines, then went back to the truck, pulled all the product and took it all in at once.  Further back when working out of my van, I simply used a two wheel dolly and made 2 trips in with products.

Depending on volume, you can stack 7-8 cases of cans and the storage bin on the two wheeler. If you have the Gemini dolly( or equivilant) you easily 10 cs. of 20 oz. as well as the snacks in one trip. My first trip though is with paper and pencil. No need to carry in excess just to return back to truck

Yeah AZ. I guess we are old school. Found that works best most often.

Yes, I am definitely old school.  It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.  I'll tell you though, if I was to get back into it in a big way again, I would use credit cards readers, remote monitoring and pre-kitting.  Those three things will make you a lot of money.  Of course that would only be if I was going to run multiple routes again.  That probably won't happen as my mantra for many years has been "I will never have an employee ever again."

I pre-kit snacks in plastic flip top bins based off of historical sales, cell phone pics of machines and notes from the last service.  I do this in my garage the night before.  Works for me just fine at the moment, I suppose that if/when I switch to a cargo van with more space I may do it differently.  I also have one bin that goes into every account with cleaning supplies, price stickers, money bags, tools, extra change, etc.

I just pack enough drinks to cover all accunts I will be doing that day.

I got a Rock n Roller R8 covertible/collapsible four wheeler that I love.  Collapses down small enough to fit in the front of my Tahoe, but expands out big enough to deal with the largest accounts.

Golfdogs so you go twice if u have a snack and coke machine?

Depends...low volume accounts usually take one trip. I had an account that took three trips today:-). It was a good day. This particular account is very accessible. I park about 30 feet from my machines.

I tried writing what I need down on paper last week...I couldn't read my handwriting. Database on my phone works best for me.

I got a Rock n Roller R8 covertible/collapsible four wheeler that I love. Collapses down small enough to fit in the front of my Tahoe, but expands out big enough to deal with the largest accounts.

I miss my Tahoe! (But love my box truck)

Back in the day when I had to run a route. LOL I never went into a account empty handed...... I always loaded 2 pepsi 1 coke 1 Dr pepper 1 Mt Dew and any odds I might have in the machine. 6 to 8 cases

Then I had carrying cases made up with chips, cookies, etc. 1 case with all the chocolates usually cooler. All on magliner. Very seldom I made 2 trips. I had a case for coffee.

To me it was a waste of time to go in write everything down and then go back to truck.  

Archived