Getting carried away...

AngryChris

I think I spend more time worrying about upgrading my older machines than the time I spend filling my machines.  I'm starting to wonder if I should transition into refurbishing equipment lol.

All good and fun aside, Sometimes I have to sit back and wonder if it is worth it to put 5-year-old technology into 20-year-old equipment.  I really feel that the AP 7000's and National 145's (and all related equipment) were built like tanks.  It doesn't cost MUCH to upgrade them.. in fact, I could buy a used AP-7000 for $500, upgrade everything to MDB and make it look like an awesome machine for about $800 on TOP of the $500 I paid for it!  That's $1300 for an MDB machine that can take a credit card, take 1's and 5's, etc.. all within a huge capacity machine.  But... I can also spend $2,000 on a nice used snack machine that is all MDB, with a drop sensor, and only about 10 years old.

I think a really big question is... how much longer is that AP-7000 going to last?  Furthermore, how long is that newer used machine going to last?  I actually get the feeling that an AP-7000 could outlast some newer equipment out there.  It might never look as pretty, but the things are just built so well.

I think I spend more time worrying about upgrading my older machines than the time I spend filling my machines.  I'm starting to wonder if I should transition into refurbishing equipment lol.

All good and fun aside, Sometimes I have to sit back and wonder if it is worth it to put 5-year-old technology into 20-year-old equipment.  I really feel that the AP 7000's and National 145's (and all related equipment) were built like tanks.  It doesn't cost MUCH to upgrade them.. in fact, I could buy a used AP-7000 for $500, upgrade everything to MDB and make it look like an awesome machine for about $800 on TOP of the $500 I paid for it!  That's $1300 for an MDB machine that can take a credit card, take 1's and 5's, etc.. all within a huge capacity machine.  But... I can also spend $2,000 on a nice used snack machine that is all MDB, with a drop sensor, and only about 10 years old.

I think a really big question is... how much longer is that AP-7000 going to last?  Furthermore, how long is that newer used machine going to last?  I actually get the feeling that an AP-7000 could outlast some newer equipment out there.  It might never look as pretty, but the things are just built so well.

Yep,  I'm of the same opinion Chris.  VE seems fairly committed to supporting the 7600s so that's the way I'm leaning.

• 1 month later...

I am getting ready to upgrade a 6600 jr

First thing is to replace all the faded buttons. Then I have a bill validator hole punch. I am going to punch out validator hole so a mars or recycler can be installed.

Tuff front 

MicroMech to MDB kit from D & S vending at $150 I have used about a dozen of these and they have performed well. Have not used one a 6600 yet. 

http://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-2297-lu250-micro-mech-to-mdb-conversion-kit.aspx

USA Credit Card readers work well with this kit if you are so minded to try one.

LOL USA had no idea these worked with their readers...

Conlux MDB bill validator and Conlux 5 MDB Changer. With dollar tube  $150 for pair

LED lighting  $40

I will post pics once I have started.

I am getting ready to upgrade a 6600 jr

First thing is to replace all the faded buttons. Then I have a bill validator hole punch. I am going to punch out validator hole so a mars or recycler can be installed.

Tuff front

MicroMech to MDB kit from D & S vending at $150 I have used about a dozen of these and they have performed well. Have not used one a 6600 yet.

http://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-2297-lu250-micro-mech-to-mdb-conversion-kit.aspx

USA Credit Card readers work well with this kit if you are so minded to try one.

LOL USA had no idea these worked with their readers...

Conlux MDB bill validator and Conlux 5 MDB Changer. With dollar tube $150 for pair

LED lighting $40

I will post pics once I have started.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to see before during and after pics.

Archived