SALES TIPS; I got a new account this week-this is how i did it!

chris in bc

I noticed a recycling centre NEXT door to one of my other new customers. ( I always try to get the customer next door). I stopped by and passed along my phone number to an employee. I never heard back for 2 weeks. So I did not give up because I am aggressive and determined. I stopped by the recycling centre yesterday and spoke to a supervisor. I used these EXACT words.

" I am the gentleman who provides vending machines in your area. I have FREE pop machines that vend cans and bottles, we also have snack and coffee machines" Something I said made the supervisors ears perk up and he immediately said "call my boss".

I called the boss and gave him this EXACT sales pitch. " I am the gentleman who provides vending machines like-pop machines that vend cans and bottles, snack machines that vend chips, cookies and granola bars that actually taste good and coffee machines that vend FRESH GROUND coffee, Frenchie vanilla and HOT choc. They are free, no charge for delivery or repairs!!!!!!!!!!!!! The boss said when can you deliver-without even asking a single question!!!!!

Something in my speech triggered a "yes" in his mind right away. No commission. I never ever even mentioned commission. In fact I never do! No way am I parting with my profits! If they ask for commission I tell em I will give them a case of bottled water once a month-look the customer in the eye when you say "water".

I will be back to the recycling centre on Tuesday to measure and make sure I can stuff as many vend machines in this joint as possible! As many as possible-it increases my revenue per stop! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My goal is always to have; 2 pop machines with at least 10 selections each for a total of 20 selection. If I do not use up all the selections I will place a "REQUEST LIST" on the machine-some employee always writes down some beverage they want. More money for me!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I always place a 5 wide six tray machine with a NEW UCB board form Vendors Exch, a newer coin mech. I only use MEI and currenza Bill inspectors. All my machines contain the famous chips and choc bars-and I leave some space for requests!

My coffee machines grind beans, spit out hot choc and frenchie vanilla and I make damn sure they are cleaned at every stop! I also place a note on the machine-asking if the coffee it too weak or strong.....I am usually surprised what I find! Most people say "it's too weak".

It was that easy! I hope this story gets YOU some more business this week-try it!

I hope this works for you and you all grow your businesesssss$$$$$$$$$! Good luck!

I noticed a recycling centre NEXT door to one of my other new customers. ( I always try to get the customer next door). I stopped by and passed along my phone number to an employee. I never heard back for 2 weeks. So I did not give up because I am aggressive and determined. I stopped by the recycling centre yesterday and spoke to a supervisor. I used these EXACT words.

" I am the gentleman who provides vending machines in your area. I have FREE pop machines that vend cans and bottles, we also have snack and coffee machines" Something I said made the supervisors ears perk up and he immediately said "call my boss".

I called the boss and gave him this EXACT sales pitch. " I am the gentleman who provides vending machines like-pop machines that vend cans and bottles, snack machines that vend chips, cookies and granola bars that actually taste good and coffee machines that vend FRESH GROUND coffee, Frenchie vanilla and HOT choc. They are free, no charge for delivery or repairs!!!!!!!!!!!!! The boss said when can you deliver-without even asking a single question!!!!!

Something in my speech triggered a "yes" in his mind right away. No commission. I never ever even mentioned commission. In fact I never do! No way am I parting with my profits! If they ask for commission I tell em I will give them a case of bottled water once a month-look the customer in the eye when you say "water".

I will be back to the recycling centre on Tuesday to measure and make sure I can stuff as many vend machines in this joint as possible! As many as possible-it increases my revenue per stop! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My goal is always to have; 2 pop machines with at least 10 selections each for a total of 20 selection. If I do not use up all the selections I will place a "REQUEST LIST" on the machine-some employee always writes down some beverage they want. More money for me!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I always place a 5 wide six tray machine with a NEW UCB board form Vendors Exch, a newer coin mech. I only use MEI and currenza Bill inspectors. All my machines contain the famous chips and choc bars-and I leave some space for requests!

My coffee machines grind beans, spit out hot choc and frenchie vanilla and I make damn sure they are cleaned at every stop! I also place a note on the machine-asking if the coffee it too weak or strong.....I am usually surprised what I find! Most people say "it's too weak".

It was that easy! I hope this story gets YOU some more business this week-try it!

I hope this works for you and you all grow your businesesssss$$$$$$$$$! Good luck!

Where the hell do you get granola bars that actually taste good?

Very good....... Except why would you offer coffee if not asked for it. Especially a bean grinder.... Yes you sell a good cup of joe.. But from what I have seen is a coffee machine now days sells almost everything but coffee... Freeze dried now days is not to bad and it costs a lot less. No mess. I am not saying your way is bad. Just curious....

@ rmorris1953-offering a coffee service is just another revenue route.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I would not use freeze dried, I would use beans. Coffee is very good money! Thanks for your reply THINK MONEY!

Coffee machines cost very good money.

Chris in bc, I dont think offering a location 20 different selections of drinks is good. Doesnt make any sence. I also dont agree with your statement of push as many machines in a location as possible. There was a guy selling a location here 8 full size snack and drink and 1 frozen food for 18000. Gross was $600 a month lol. He had them in ever corner! He wanted 18 as thats how much he still owed. Yet I have a location that makes 1500 gross and has 1 cb700 cans,water,powerade and one Ap 4 wide. Service once a week.

I once used a request list I will never do that again. just sell a basic simple list of drinks and rotate out what doesn't sell.  This will help when you are bigger so you are carrying only 8-10 drink types instead of 50 different ones in your truck. 

Coffee machines are expensive especially in locations that have no interest in specialty Coffee. My experience with customer requests for Odd-brand products has been about 2 vends a week (for that product) and expired products. I would also gauge a location before adding extra equipment. 

It's a mystery to me why people buy Fiber 1- but i do carry them because they sell, lol...

Archived