• 50+

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I worked for an auto supplier in Detroit for ten years before I seen the writing on the wall and took a buyout. I'm 34 now and wish I would have got this started 14 years ago. As all of you know working for another doesnt give you security. I believe you have to create your own security in todays economic climate. But  I'm happy in the fact that I'm finally closer to creating my own security for myself and my family.

Brian

I sell candy at my school, one of my freinds said that we should get a machine placed at my school, that never really worled out but it gave me the idea for vending. I also do another buisness, online travel. Between the 2 I'm hoping to make enough to support myself when I leave college

I'm 27 and just purchase my first 4 machines on ebay yesterday and today. I want to be a multi-business investor. But with no money and have to start small. So I started researching this a couple weeks ago (idea came several years ago though). Figured spending $500 to start candy vending was better than borrowing $250,000 to open a smoothie franchise with a whole lot less work and committment and will probably still pocket the same about of 'salary' at the end of the first year - hopefully. I also need some extra cash to finish renovating my house. Hope to retire from full-time working for some one else in a year or two to focus on my own business ventures - bulk candy and house flipping! Can't wait to buy more machines.

Cheers to candy!

Candace

Candace,

You should get in touch with member lucero. He flips houses and runs a bulk route as well. I have not seen him around in a while and have been trying coax him out of the woodwork!

Steve

It's definatly the best business I know (including vending). I essentially get to be like Expedia or Orbitz. People get to go to my website, book travel, and I get a commision. I also can sell the online travel agencies, whcih is also really lucrative. You can take a look at it if you like. The company presentaion is www.paycationexperts.com Let me know what you thought, and what you liked best.

Well, what do you mean "biz op"? Every business is a biz op, including vending. It's about turning that opportunity into reality. If you mean that it sound unrealistic, I've seen people get that $100,000 bonus, and they worked for it, and it was a real check. I just mean to say that I think you should look at it with an open mind.

As for vending, I'm making about 400 a month (I think, I havent kept the best records), and I'm looking towards the summer for more free time for oth businesses.

Well, I don't believe it's a gimmick. I made $100 from it this weekend.

As for vending, I have one absolutly killer location . 2 doubles, one in front of the bar and one in the kids play area. Between the 2 I make about 200 a month. The rest is from the other locations.

Archived