• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wowwww, ClearCutVending12, you're awesome!

I owned a business in High School (ebay and sold Nike's and Jordans), but the problem was that it wasn't making me and long term money. In vending, I like how you can get paid over and over for doing something once.

And btw, I'm 21 =]

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was going to start a new thread on this, but It appears to me that bulk vending is an old man's business.

I have never met anyone who was under 40. It is always an old, fat dude. Is this a dying business?

I even seen ads of people selling their routes due to health problems(I think poor shape due to aging?)

I know, there are teens here who say they are interested in vending, but they usually quit easily.

So, it seems that all the vendors I have come into contact with are usually 40-70. Seems weird.

What do you ppl think?

I was going to start a new thread on this, but It appears to me that bulk vending is an old man's business.

I have never met anyone who was under 40. It is always an old, fat dude. Is this a dying business?

I even seen ads of people selling their routes due to health problems(I think poor shape due to aging?)

I know, there are teens here who say they are interested in vending, but they usually quit easily.

So, it seems that all the vendors I have come into contact with are usually 40-70. Seems weird.

What do you ppl think?

I think you are right on the nose there thrifty. The younger guys I bump into all work for a bigger company with an older owner. I even have one competitor who went blind. His wife still drives him around to chat with the locations while she does the servicing.

I worked for an auto supplier in Detroit for ten years before I seen the writing on the wall and took a buyout. I'm 34 now and wish I would have got this started 14 years ago. As all of you know working for another doesnt give you security. I believe you have to create your own security in todays economic climate. But I'm happy in the fact that I'm finally closer to creating my own security for myself and my family. Brian

*Love it*

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm 23, my husband is 39. we both have full time jobs. We together own a hair salon which is my trade and he Is a union employee.

I am our locator and Financial advisor, he is the machine mechanic and master mind.

We service machines together- he fills and cleans the machines while I sneak away to count goodies for the commission drop.

We started in march, and we have 73 locations.

I've been able to cut my week down at the salon. We also get quality husband/wife fun time together while going location to location. Lots of hardwork, but lots of laughs!

YEAH VENDING!

I'm 23, my husband is 39. we both have full time jobs. We together own a hair salon which is my trade and he Is a union employee.

I am our locator and Financial advisor, he is the machine mechanic and master mind.

We service machines together- he fills and cleans the machines while I sneak away to count goodies for the commission drop.

We started in march, and we have 73 locations.

I've been able to cut my week down at the salon. We also get quality husband/wife fun time together while going location to location. Lots of hardwork, but lots of laughs!

YEAH VENDING!

Sounds like you guys have got a good thing going, both business and personally, congrats on that because that is hard to achieve.

• 2 weeks later...

Well its great to see so many youngsters out there in the vending game, very inspiring and I hope you all become rich and successful. Although in a wayits  kinda depressing theres not many oldies like lol............take heart Moondog,  my uncle always told  me that whilst he may look old, from the waist down he feels like a 21yo lol!. 

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived