Rack setups

F J Vending

How do you decide on a rack setup?  Do you have a minimum number of heads?  Would you consider a rack with only 1" toys? Not concerned with which manufacturer just number of heads and contents (2"/1"/candy/Gumball/Sticker). 

I have several locations with toys but they were part of an existing route I purchased and they are a mix of different setups/machines, examples - 4 head rack with a double next to it, all 1" or candy, 3 1" heads and a single 2" next to it.  I am wanting to expand more into toys and have several locations currently with triples (1800 type) selling candy/gum and looking to switch out to a rack to include toys and struggling with what I should start with.  I think the area I am in would not be too receptive to .75/1.00 price points but think .50 1" toys will do fine, so I keep going back to one of the following

4 machine rack, 2-1" toys, 1 gumball and 1 candy

6 machine rack, 4-1" toys, 1 gumball and 1 candy 

Any advice is appreciated

I am standardizing my set up with 3/2 racks (or 5 ways) with 3 1" machines at .50 and 2 2" machines at $1.00.  Most of my locations will get 2 of these racks and at least one stand alone sticker machine and a candy machine (Triple Play or an 1800).

So far I haven't seen much if any drop in revenues due to the price increase.  I have seen a nice drop in servicing effort and time with me not having to fill machines as often.

I am standardizing my set up with 3/2 racks (or 5 ways) with 3 1" machines at .50 and 2 2" machines at $1.00. Most of my locations will get 2 of these racks and at least one stand alone sticker machine and a candy machine (Triple Play or an 1800).

So far I haven't seen much if any drop in revenues due to the price increase. I have seen a nice drop in servicing effort and time with me not having to fill machines as often.

I like the five way racks as you stated too. I like my sticker machines with two single heads on the bottom. You can get a lot of machines in a tight space that way.

Archived