what kind of snack machine

Maddog3632

Yes it's worth the money.  It has  dual spirals and looks complete and in good condition (though photos can be deceiving), but it appears to have a Mars VFM validator in it so you will probably want to upgrade it to a Mars 2500 validator. 

The 147's still work well.  The weakest part is the flimsy way the shelves connect at the back of the cabinet with pins that press against spring loaded metal strips.  There is a retrofit kit that will replace the shelf connectors and then hardwires the shelf into the machine.  That then eliminates the only real problem with it.

As AZvendor said, the 147s are great other than the back of the shelf.  There is nothing that infuriates me more than a *BEEP BEEP BEEP* *B TRAY DISCONNECTED*

The cheap way to fix it is to bend the contacts back out so that they contact better when you push the tray in.  I only have a few of those nationals that connect that way so I won't be investing in those kits any time soon.  The dual helix spirals are great though.

As AZvendor said, the 147s are great other than the back of the shelf.  There is nothing that infuriates me more than a *BEEP BEEP BEEP* *B TRAY DISCONNECTED*

The cheap way to fix it is to bend the contacts back out so that they contact better when you push the tray in.  I only have a few of those nationals that connect that way so I won't be investing in those kits any time soon.  The dual helix spirals are great though.

My one and only complaint with this machine - that tray connection really sucks and those little arrow locks are just a PITA

He has 2 identical at 600 each

That's a good price if they've got decent validators and mechs.  If you buy them, put about 250 lbs of construction sand in the bottom (5 bags at about 3 bucks each).  If somebody shakes them, it won't take much to disconnect those shelves.

You should go look at them as they will be good choices for your two blue collar accounts.  That way you can see if they are what you're looking for.  If you do pick them up you might want to consider the tray harness upgrades just so you don't experience any problems with shelves out of service.  The shelflocks that Moondog is referring to are on each side of each shelf and if they are worn out them might not lock the shelf in place properly.  This is something that can also contribute to the shelves not being seen by the machine when still using the factory connectors behind each shelf.

Would the crane 147 for 600 be a better purchase for two blue collar accounts or would the Rowe 5900 for 500?

I prefer the Rowe's - they're built like tanks but you'll be able to get parts for the 147s.  Get the Cranes

Archived