Coinco Validator Problem

RFVending

I have a Coinco MAG50BAB validator in a DN single price machine.  It is currently throwing me a 7 blink error code.  Does any one know what the cause or fix to this is?  I have checked all connections, cleaned it to the best of my ability (Including the optical sensors), and checked everything on the inside which looks almost brand new.

Any help or suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

Yeah, it just has a general error for codes 6-14 I think.  Just says Service or Reset.  Wasn't sure if anyone knew what the exact problem may be or if it might be something easily fixable.

I generally service and repair most of my validators and mechs, but this one is throwing me for a loop.

When you get errors like those, they are not user serviceable and you will have to rebuild the validator or send it for an exchange.  I can exchange it for you with a factory rebuilt unit.  If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

7 blinks means a drive motor issue.  At one of our computers, it might reset and go away, or it could be a bad drive motor.  Errors don't always reset in the machine, they often have to be cleared on a tester.  Sometimes the cases where a validator will clear its own errors in a machine are so random, I have trouble finding any specific thing to make a chart of machines and validators that won't clear errors when working in harness.  I think it has a lot to do with the error.  Of course if there actually is a failed component, the error won't go away no matter what until the part is fixed.

Archived