USI 3061 Bill Validator

vendking

Recently the bill validator just stopped pulling in the bills when I take the bill compartment out and put it back in it seems to work but when I try to insert a bill its like its off. Any suggestions helpful?

PS: I have searched the forum and have not found an answer to my question besides an upgraded bill validator

Thanks,

Vendking

post-7582-0-15868300-1381986979_thumb.jpg

post-7582-0-37932200-1381987065_thumb.jpg

Do you have any flashing codes on the validator?  Do you have sufficient levels of coins in each coin tube (10-15 minimum in each)?  Have you removed the lower bill transport and cleaned the sensors in the surface and above in the validator housing?  Press the square button under the validator to release the lower transport and pull it out toward you.  Use a soft cloth such as a handkerchief to clean the sensors.  If this doesn't help and the coin mech has coins in it you either have a faulty coin tube sensor reporting the nickle tube empty or you have a bad validator.  If you have another machine with the 9302L or TRC6010 (those two mechs ONLY) then try it in this machine to rule out the coin tube sensor.  If you need a coin mech or bill validator exchanged you may PM me.

Do you have any flashing codes on the validator?  Do you have sufficient levels of coins in each coin tube (10-15 minimum in each)?  Have you removed the lower bill transport and cleaned the sensors in the surface and above in the validator housing?  Press the square button under the validator to release the lower transport and pull it out toward you.  Use a soft cloth such as a handkerchief to clean the sensors.  If this doesn't help and the coin mech has coins in it you either have a faulty coin tube sensor reporting the nickle tube empty or you have a bad validator.  If you have another machine with the 9302L or TRC6010 (those two mechs ONLY) then try it in this machine to rule out the coin tube sensor.  If you need a coin mech or bill validator exchanged you may PM me.

Where would the flashing codes be for the validator I reset it small green button on top right no light which was what I was looking for

I would e mail jerry barton at USI .......jbarton@wittern.com or call his cell at 515 238 4154 for a manual. He is a very smart man regarding USI issues. I switched from coinco to MEI-no regrets!

Ok thanks I will give him a call.

Would the problem be that there isn't any coins in the machine it says .00 and use exact change everything seems to work fine.

Where would the flashing codes be for the validator I reset it small green button on top right no light which was what I was looking for

If the coin tubes are empty then your validator will power up but not accept any bills because it will be inhibited until you have sufficient coins in the coin tubes so the machine knows it can make change.  Only then will the validator be enabled to accept bills.  The LED on the validator will be on the edge of the box mounted to the right side.  With no coins in the coin mech the LED will be off because the validator is inhibited.  Once you have enough coins in the coin tubes the LED should come on solid indicating that bills will be accepted.

If the coin tubes are empty then your validator will power up but not accept any bills because it will be inhibited until you have sufficient coins in the coin tubes so the machine knows it can make change.  Only then will the validator be enabled to accept bills.  The LED on the validator will be on the edge of the box mounted to the right side.  With no coins in the coin mech the LED will be off because the validator is inhibited.  Once you have enough coins in the coin tubes the LED should come on solid indicating that bills will be accepted.

Thanks ill give it a try tomorrow

I would try the bill validator in another machine and verify it is good. Also same with coin mech. Since there isn't a code on bill validator or a light my guess is the bill validator is bad.

If it is taking coins that would indicate the vendor is operational. Those vendors are old. The connectors on the switches corrode and fall off. Really cheap connectors.

Because it is a serpentine the cans roll down and get punctured causing syrup to get on the switches. So if a can breaks you need to clean the spill up quickly.    

If you have a Coinco BA32SA you should have the white 9 pin connector hooked up for power (I'm sure you do since it powers up) and then there is a black 18 pin connector that will plug into the bottom of the validator control box for communication.  If both are plugged in then you should replace the validator.  I can exchange it for you with a factory rebuilt unit.  Send me a PM with your information. 

By the way, is this machine new to you and never working right or have you had if for awhile and it did work before?  Since the coin mech was empty it sounds like it's new to you.  If so, where did it come from?

that specific machine is new to me and I just bought it from a online broker..who acted as third party to the owner of the machine. I have a little experience with bigger and other machines but never had a problem like I have with this one. The one I have is a Coinco BA32L it does power up though everytime I take the money box off and put it on I hear it move and when when I press the little green button top right corner I'm guessing above what is suppose to be the light that is not on. I did push something where the money goes in and a red LED was flashing on the board next to the validator

I hate to say it, but this is the kind of thing that can happen with an online purchase or a Craigslist purchase.  You are basically buying someone else's problems.  If you saw flashes from the validator, how many were there?  The fact that you have the green switch plunger you mention means you have a very early BA32 validator and it should probably be exchanged for a newer model.  We don't even rebuild any that are that old now but we will take in as an exchange.  Coinco did away with that bill box switch as it was a nuisance. 

From everything you are describing and the fact that at some point you saw the LED flashing, but that it won't even be lit most of the time, you need to replace it.

Removing the bill box switch won't solve your problem in this case.  You already know the switch works because the validator cycles properly when you close the bill box lid.  You still need to replace the validator due to some other issue.

Archived